Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bye Bye Birdie!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Bye Bye Birdie!!

Bets on when this train wreck gets locked?

Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

The two key pieces of info I took from Eric's posts are " I am really concerned" and "Please take care of yourself." But that's just how I read it...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Cant even leave the site without this sh@t. Enjoy your time here people- just know this place used to be awesome- where you could explore different ideas. Dont go against the grain now or youll have your mental health attacked...
    You're creating your own narrative here to support your grandiose exit.

Take a step back and re-read the comments, assume positive intent, and things might look a little differently.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Not all outside the box ideas are bad. Not all good advice will work out- or is even sound.

Much much more importantly: "Im worried you have a problem"?? If I did have a mental health issue why in the **** would you attack someone in that specific fashion?? In a humiliating tone "coddly echo chamber" and "enable bad decsiosns"- nothing there sounds like genuine concern. If you thought I was volatile or unstable shame on you for taking an ahressive and humiliating tack on a public forum- gutless. Get help you ****in dunce. Ive played in leagues with you- what a shithe@d thing to say to someone. Having pooled with you youre the last gm Id take advice from- youre a habs homer and bad at the hobby. See how I did that? I lashed out without gaslighting or taking a cheap shot at your mental health- just said the truth. Youre a douchebag f@ckbag whose player valuations make Bergevin look like a savant! I really hope you never experience the kind of issues where you do need help. Thats ****in sad- maybe Im being a bit petulant- a little melodramatic but shame on you. TWhat youredoing is f@ckin gross- gaslighting someone over trade advice and wether they listened to it or not. You need help bud- thats the slimiest thing anyone has said the whole time- at least the other shit was in above board. F@ckin blocked- what a sh@tbag...

How are you a mod here?? My 8 year old practices better online decorum. Troll as f@ck. Youre a joke Eric- any respect I had for you went down the toilet. Just garbage...
    Now no one will take you seriously... good luck and best wishes in life.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey Emu,

I haven’t checked in on these forums much (or at all) since the plague started and the NHL shut down. This was the most recently replied to post and I clicked and ended up here.

I may not fully understand what you are going through (or what is going on TBH), but I understand frustration. PM me if you want to talk. Take care and be safe.

M.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Now no one will take you seriously... good luck and best wishes in life.
    FWIW, I think people here are very capable of letting this go (and wouldn't hesitate to do so).

Administrator

Not taking any of this personally. Again, please take care of yourself.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Hey buddy, I have been out of the loop for awhile but I love your posts and enthusiasm. Hope you stick around and the situation can clear itself. Always wishing you the best buddy. You're one of my favorites on here.

Dobber Sports Sage

This is one of the friendliest forums I've been on and it definitely has a pleasant vibe compared to others. Personally, the few times I was a member of a forum and did not enjoy the the interactions I was having, I quietly left.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

I sent this as a PM to Emu but I want to leave a copy of this here too.

Hey Emu,

I can take a litmus test of my mental state by how I interact with my fantasy hockey world. Most of the time I am pretty balanced in life, and therefore balanced in my fantasy life.

Speaking simply about me, I recognize that when I am getting manic in my Fantasy leagues I am masking issues that are taking place in the real world. I get really obsessive about trades and news and hitting refresh after refresh after refresh. I usually immerse myself in fantasy hockey so I can avoid life issues I don’t want to deal with. I end up getting really frustrated at the pace of hockey related info coming back at me. It’s just not fast enough or what I want to hear. In the fantrax chat in my main league my wit and humour and sarcasm turns kind of nasty as I take out my frustrations on my keyboard (and at other GMs). There have been times I just wanted to say Fcuk it(!) and quit everything to do with Fantasy hockey — with the train of thought that this supposedly fun distraction has become an unhealthy realm for my mental state. When I am feeling this way I have learned to back away from my in-the-moment hockey thoughts so I can glean a better perspective of where my frustrations are coming from. I know deep down it has nothing to do with Fantasy hockey but I get lost in the information, the rush, and the schemes in my head. What I find is that my real life is also oscillating at a different frequency than usual and I am behaving in the same way towards my professional acquaintances, family, and friends.

I look back at some of these times when I thought the best solution was to quit and I am thankful I took the time to process what was going on in my head rather than burn the bridges that I have built in the fantasy hockey community.

You are not alone.
    M.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I sent this as a PM to Emu but I want to leave a copy of this here too.

Hey Emu,

I can take a litmus test of my mental state by how I interact with my fantasy hockey world. Most of the time I am pretty balanced in life, and therefore balanced in my fantasy life.

Speaking simply about me, I recognize that when I am getting manic in my Fantasy leagues I am masking issues that are taking place in the real world. I get really obsessive about trades and news and hitting refresh after refresh after refresh. I usually immerse myself in fantasy hockey so I can avoid life issues I don’t want to deal with. I end up getting really frustrated at the pace of hockey related info coming back at me. It’s just not fast enough or what I want to hear. In the fantrax chat in my main league my wit and humour and sarcasm turns kind of nasty as I take out my frustrations on my keyboard (and at other GMs). There have been times I just wanted to say Fcuk it(!) and quit everything to do with Fantasy hockey — with the train of thought that this supposedly fun distraction has become an unhealthy realm for my mental state. When I am feeling this way I have learned to back away from my in-the-moment hockey thoughts so I can glean a better perspective of where my frustrations are coming from. I know deep down it has nothing to do with Fantasy hockey but I get lost in the information, the rush, and the schemes in my head. What I find is that my real life is also oscillating at a different frequency than usual and I am behaving in the same way towards my professional acquaintances, family, and friends.

I look back at some of these times when I thought the best solution was to quit and I am thankful I took the time to process what was going on in my head rather than burn the bridges that I have built in the fantasy hockey community.

You are not alone.
    M.
    Good on you for taking the time and I hope your words are of comfort to the guy. And if they aren't, at least you tried.