Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Bob still worth this?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is Bob still worth this?

For team and league in sig.

Goaltending has been a bit of a sore spot for my team (although my skaters made more than up for it). I have a chance to nabb Bob now. The deal isn't set in stone yet, but roughly would look as follows:

Give: Jenik, Petersen, Josh Anderson, 3rd overall (I also own the 2nd overall)
    Get: Bobrovsky, 6th overall

What do you think? Is it worth gambling on a Bob bounceback like this or is it too much to give for a guy who can be frustrating? It's probably anyone's guess how Bob will perform next season - no?
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Is Bob still worth this?

Hard no from me. Keep the flexibility of having Petersen and the 3rd overall.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd say no. I think Petersen has a shot to be the Kings starting goalie. Bob should be better in some categories, notably Wins, but the rest is sort of a crapshoot.

I don't trust Florida's coach as much as many do. Unsure what's going on there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I do it if Jenik is not part of the deal. I am willing to give Bob a mulligan for one bad year after being as consistent as Hellman's for ages.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm ok with that trade. Now is definitely the time to buy on Bobrovsky.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm good with it. I wouldn't consider this a gamble by any means. Try and make it a 4th or 5th in return.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's not a 3rd rounder, it's the 3rd OVERALL I'd be giving So I can't make it a 4th or a 5th as you suggest...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Ace

It's a fair price for Bob. Your team looks really strong, so from win-now perspective, I would make the trade.

If your team didn't look strong, I would advice against it, and, instead, watch as Petersen and that LA prospect pool rise up from the ashes together.

Dobber Sports Icon

That seems like a lot to give up for a guy who is coming off a season where he went 23-19-6 with a .900 SV% and a GAA of 3.23. He had more losses than wins and was way below league average in the rate stats. He should not require giving up the 3rd overall pick in the draft to acquire.

You should be able to get a goalie better than Sergei Bobrovsky for one of Stutzle or Byfield without having to give up the rest of the assets.

Dobber Sports Ace

I would think on this and maybe do it... Goalie Bob will bounce back along with half of that Florida team. As long as you don't expect Columbus system goalie numbers.

BUT, I would try to snag a better option in nets if you can... try to take that 1st or 2nd overall pick and land a stud. Maybe give both for Vasi or Helley...

If you shore up the goalie spot, your team looks like a champ for a couple seasons now! You have excellent skaters in a banger league. Love it!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Ace

Also - try to keep Josh Anderson... give him a chance to get healthy and you will see what I mean!!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Ace

With no cap I think you do this. Like others have said you look pretty solid on the skater side. Plus and this is a big plus you probably have byfield kubalik cozens knocking on the door. I don't think there is a massive difference this year between 3rd and 6th so essentially this is Bob for Peterson with some plusses.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would do it.

Bob has the big contract. They can't just let him on the bench. He will be Florida's starter no matter what, at least for next 2 years. He can't do worse either and can only bounce back from there.

Jenik, Peterson, Anderson although are big potential names (or 1 good season followed by a very crappy season in Anderson's case) are no ELITE players by any means, they are still prospects to me.

3rd overall will not be Byfield or Lafreniere, and at 6th overall you will likely get any guy that will be same potential as the 3rd overall you lost (Rossi, Stutzle, etc)

i would do it.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Provided it's not a cap league, I'd do it. Bob will be the starter in Florida due to his salary, and Petersen will be the started in LA but the team won't be good for a few years still. As others have said, after the first two picks, it's more of a crapshoot and personal preference so your guy might still be there.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd pass. You can find a safer G option to solidify your team than Bob for a lot less than this.

Rittich, Varlamov, Grubaurer -- all way cheaper.

Right now - looking for a short term cheap fix with huge potential reward - Dubnyk would be my target. Owner might pay you to take him.

I want nothing to do with Bob. Vezina calibre season/months be damned. Not when 90% value is there for 50% or less the cost.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4