Thread: Bouchard vs Ty Smith vs Seider. Peripherals only!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Bouchard vs Ty Smith vs Seider. Peripherals only!

I know, Juniors and AHL don't carry those stats. So for those of you who watched those three play, what's your best guess as far as SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK go? Soring matters but I am more curious about periphs for a sake of this discussion.

Thx

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Bouchard vs Ty Smith vs Seider. Peripherals only!

I dont think any of those three are overly physical.

If I had to rank them on what you are looking for, I'd say Bouchard, Smith and then Seider but who knows what their game will transform into once they get to the NHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You can find PIM numbers for them. Hits and blocks are very hard to project, unfortunately.

Bouchard is generally considered an offensive D, so I'd expect one of the other two for the grit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think any of those three are overly physical.

If I had to rank them on what you are looking for, I'd say Bouchard, Smith and then Seider but who knows what their game will transform into once they get to the NHL.
    I agree with this. I do not see any of them as physical and contributing much in hits.

Bouchard will get you SOG. The other peripherals its a crapshoot.

I would rank them:

Bouchard
    Smith
    Seider
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have them Bouchard, Seider and Smith. Both Bouchard and Seider are big bodies, and while this is not written in stone, the bigger guys are typically better equipped to bang away early in their careers. Bouchard, while the track record is minimal, was putting up a Hit and a Blk per game and I can see that continuing. Ty Smith may well be the brightest offensive talent among the bunch, but is not a big body, I think the other two are more likely to contribute the peripherals you are looking for. Bottom line though, this is all conjecture at this point, I simply throw out the "big body" theory for consideration.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, I did find PIM stats and if its any indication, Seider is on a lighter side of that cat. Other two seems doing OK...but not at a level that Hague was in juniors, lol

Funny how Bouchard is hyped up this summer. In my league I own him as a prospect for 2 years already and given a fact that my team is pretty heavy and overloaded on D, I tried to include him in every trade offer and couldn't trade him for peanuts...but I think I'll hold on to him now, lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex71 View Post
    Yeah, I did find PIM stats and if its any indication, Seider is on a lighter side of that cat. Other two seems doing OK...but not at a level that Hague was in juniors, lol

Funny how Bouchard is hyped up this summer. In my league I own him as a prospect for 2 years already and given a fact that my team is pretty heavy and overloaded on D, I tried to include him in every trade offer and couldn't trade him for peanuts...but I think I'll hold on to him now, lol
    Like most D prospects, patience. I have a feeling you'll be rewarded for holding.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex71 View Post

Now is not the time to move Bouchard. Like Axe has said, patience, and for those that have held him for the last few years I think that patience is going to start to pay off, nothing dramatic this year, but I believe he will establish himself as a legit NHLer and grow from there. A good asset to own.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf