Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are either of these enough of a return?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Are either of these enough of a return?

well he is generating content for Dobber at least! i have not seen a good trade or even actual advice question from Emu for long time....its all about see what i did..now discuss...tell me how bad i did so i can turn around and make another dumb move...

each one of his posts generates few pages of responses....most posts dont:P
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    well he is generating content for Dobber at least! i have not seen a good trade or even actual advice question from Emu for long time....its all about see what i did..now discuss...tell me how bad i did so i can turn around and make another dumb move...

Yea but Im pretty much done- based on comments like this. Whats the point of posting around here. The comments used to be constructive or good natured. Now this place reminds me of a schlitty uptight bar where everyones too uptight to say anything that isnt sarcastic or condescending.

Im having fun- guess Im in the wrong place- see ya!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Emu I think you're taking a lot of this too personally, though there were a couple of negative comments towards you most of the people are just trying to help you by giving you honest opinions - which is what you posted here to get. You don't want people bullshitting you and saying it's a fantastic trade when it's not, that helps no one but the other manager lol.

I think you've given some good advice in the past (including to myself) but these trades recently have been really weird and I can't help but wonder why, the fact you're then getting annoyed at people for giving you opinions isn't really right - if you don't like it then don't ask, not everyone is going to be super nice about it, sometimes you need some tough love to make you see sense, I know I have before and I'm grateful to everyone who has *cough* steve and axe *cough* :P
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post

What about this is constructive?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't have a ton of posts on this forum, but have been reading it for a looong time. I have been reading each of these threads lately pretty closely - there are a lot of exciting names being moved around so it's interesting to see everyone's opinions.

I think for the most part, everyone here, as JJ said, aims to gives honest opinions. I think one thing that responders tend to react strongly to is when someone asks for opinions, which are then provided, only for the poster to turn around and ignore the input / advice they ask for. I think that in some cases you've asked for input but have stuck to your guns even when people disagree with you - which is fine... no one has the crystal ball. But, if you're so set in your mind, then looking for feedback seems unnecessary, unless you're looking for validation only (I don't think that is really always the case from the threads I have read). In this case, most people told you not to trade Vas, which you did (which again is fine), but now there is contention because they still disagree with the trade.

I also know when threads like these get to the pointing finger aspect, it becomes way to easy for everyone to pick certain comments people made, or trades people made and cherry pick. But ultimately, the fact that people disagree, is what makes fantasy hockey, and the forums fun. If everyone agreed, no one would trade fantasy hockey wouldn't be fun. If you ask for feedback, don't just expect validation. If people disagree with you and you make the move, they won't change their mind. But, if the trade turns around as a home run, you reserve the right to come back and say "I told you so". Same with Chmelevski

It's the internet, not everything will be constructive, but at least everyone here shares a common interest in Fantasy Hockey, and no one is going to intentionally mislead you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good for you, if trading and Fantasy Hockey brings you enjoyment. Do what makes you happy.

You don't want to listen to our advice GREAT. I don't care. Just remember this though. "Don't ask the question if your not prepared to hear the answer".

Dobber Sports Superstar

Posted in the wrong spot here. Appropriately moved.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am more of a conservative GM. So, I respect guys who are willing to take risks in order to build a lineup with likeable players. I usually stick to numbers, but who knows, you might end up winning some of theses trades in the future. It just that right now, the return seems thin. But don't worry, even I if I tend to listen to the advices given when I post a thread, it happens that I go for some reason in the other direction! Fantasy hockey is fun, lets keep it that way!
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Emu,
    Keep on posting. Lots of great feedback above (though not all) about ways to help you make this a more pleasant experience. I enjoy reading your trade posts. I don't agree with the return you usually get but it's entertaining to read and ponder what I would do in the same situation.

If we were right all the time, we would all win our pools every year. That obviously doesn't happen so who knows if you're making the right call or not. Only time will tell. Vasy is great now but TB will need to make some deep cuts to get cap compliant next year. That may cause them to not be as good and bring Vasy back to the pack of "just good" goalies. Look at Helly. Good one year, bad another, great this year. Same with Bob. Goalies are volatile. Odds are he'll be great but there's no guarantee.

That said, there's primarily two types of trade posts on these forums:
    Validation posts - Trades are made and poster is asking for feedback on if it was good or not
    Advice requests - Evaluating a trade offer received or yet to be made and asking for feedback before making a decision.

You do lots of both which fine. You'll get feedback on both types. Some constructive and some not. The more you post, the more feedback you'll get. The more feedback you get, the more criticism you'll generate. That's the world we live in.

No matter what one person does, they will get criticized if it's on the Internet. You're putting yourself out there more than most. Expect not everyone to agree with you. How people vocalize this on a post may sometime sound harsh as words written don't always convey meaning and intent.

As was suggested before, figure out where you want your team to be in the next 2-3 years and map out a plan to achieve that.
    e.g. Goalies - need a top 5 goalie and starting goalie on good team. Dmen - Need 3 PP1 guys, 2 high hits/blocks guys, 2 younger D with PP1 potential, etc.....
    Once you do that (should take you 15 min), figure out how any trade you make helps you get there.

Anyway, best of luck and don't take things too personally

Dobber Sports Stud

I myself took over a team last year and blew it up...but I did keep one asset - Vasilevsky.

He's going to be the best goalie and one of the top players period in fantasy. His contract won't look expensive in a year or 2 when other goalies sign. You'll never be able to replace him, and that's why i had to hold him.

I dont think you had to trade him, unless the goal is to bottom out for a lottery pick, but sounds like you have no shot of winning and probably would have gotten into the lottery with or without Vasilevsky.

Just my 2 cents; cheers!