Thread: Who would be your top 8 scoring forwards in SC. G-1, A-1

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Who would be your top 8 scoring forwards in SC. G-1, A-1

Hi guys
    I need 13 forwards on my NON-DRAFT SC Pool team. Don't want to ask you for 13...could you give me your top 8?
    I also need 1 D-man. Who would you want? And a goalie if you don't mind.
    Our Pool will include the Qualifying and Round-Robins.

Points only, Skaters...G-1, A-1. Goalie..W-2, SO +1.
    We can put any player we want on our team.
    I really don't yet have a strategy.
    We are allowed 16 moves through the SCPO's...if one of my guys is knocked out I can replace him with any other still alive player.
    The moves are nice but last year we had 14 of them. I lost 13 players after the 1st round (Pens, Bolts, Caps). I didn't finish
    in the $$$!!

Thanks for your thoughts. Always appreciate getting help from the Dobber Community.
    Will rep who I can and good luck in your SC Pools.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who would be your top 8 scoring forwards in SC. G-1, A-1

Stack up on guys in the round robin because you're guaranteed not to have to use up moves on them. Once you lose a couple at the end of the first round you can grab guys like McDavid/Crosby or whoever is still in.

Top 8 F:
    Marchand
    Pasta
    ROR
    MacK
    Rantanen
    Kuch
    Point
    Stamkos

Top 3 D:
    Krug
    Makar
    Hedman

G:Binnington
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great advice EB taking guys from the round robin to start. Guaranteed to get in at least 7 games b4 losing anyone. Thank you for taking the time. Much appreciated! Binnington eh. Hadn't considered him.
    EDIT. Oops, pool rules below don't apply to this pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Stack up on guys in the round robin because you're guaranteed not to have to use up moves on them. Once you lose a couple at the end of the first round you can grab guys like McDavid/Crosby or whoever is still in.

Top 8 F:
    Marchand
    Pasta
    ROR
    MacK
    Rantanen
    Kuch
    Point
    Stamkos

Top 3 D:
    Krug
    Makar
    Hedman

G:Binnington
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Icon

My advice is to decide which 4 teams you think will make the semi-finals and only pick players from those teams. I also like picking a couple of underdogs to make it that far so if those teams do as well as you hope, you win the pool. My playoff pool motto is FIRST OR WORST. There's no joy in finishing 5th so you might as well go all in and try to win it. I have been quite successful with this strategy as you end up profitably by winning once every 10 years or so (I've been luckier than that in playoff pools but that's not the point).

Top 8 Forwards:
    Giroux
    Couturier
    Konecny
    McDavid
    Draisaitl
    Nugent-Hopkins
    MacKinnon
    Landeskog

Dman
    Provorov

Goalie
    Hart

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for replying chuckcouples.
    "pick 4 teams which will make the semi-finals"
    Easier said than done...last year I lost 13 of my 15 players after the 1st round! This year is even harder I think.

"picking a couple of underdogs"
    If you did that last year you probably did well with 6/8 favourites losing in the 1st round.
    Wonder what the odds are of this happening.

"My playoff pool motto is FIRST OR WORST."
    I'm happy to get my entry fee back which could lead to 1st.

Thanks for taking the time to reply...appreciate you listing those players.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    My advice is to decide which 4 teams you think will make the semi-finals and only pick players from those teams. I also like picking a couple of underdogs to make it that far so if those teams do as well as you hope, you win the pool. My playoff pool motto is FIRST OR WORST. There's no joy in finishing 5th so you might as well go all in and try to win it. I have been quite successful with this strategy as you end up profitably by winning once every 10 years or so (I've been luckier than that in playoff pools but that's not the point).

Top 8 Forwards:
    Giroux
    Couturier
    Konecny
    McDavid
    Draisaitl
    Nugent-Hopkins
    MacKinnon
    Landeskog

Dman
    Provorov

Goalie
    Hart
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.