Poll: East Round Robin 1st Seed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Round Robin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Eastern Conference Round Robin

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Today's Game - Washington vs Philly.

I hope Philly wins this one...If they win this one outright, then I think they gurantee themselves a top two spot in the round robin.

Washington who is currently at one point would max out a three if they beat Boston.

Boston who is currently without a point would max out at two if they beat Washington.

So it would come down to the Tampa-Philly game for top spot... Come on boys!

Philly is starting Elliot in net.
    Tampa finished ahead of Philly in the regular season, so if they both go 2-1 then Tampa finishes first. The H2H matchup here doesn't come into play on the tie breaker.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Nevermind, I misunderstood your comment. Yes I think Philly guarantees themselves a top 2 spot if they win today, and that would mean TB and PHI are both 2-0, which means top spot would come down to that game, and the winner looking like they will play MTL.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

John Carlson will not be playing for the Capitals today against the Flyers.

Farabee will be in the lineup in for an injured Raffl.

Also hearing that Ghost might be in, but it was not mentioned who for.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I like that Farabee is coming in. Crazy that $7M man JVR is coming out of the lineup. Think it's just a rest thing or has he deserved the scratch?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I like that Farabee is coming in. Crazy that $7M man JVR is coming out of the lineup. Think it's just a rest thing or has he deserved the scratch?
    Nevermind, seems like Pitlick is out instead.

Is JVR out too? Who else is coming in? I hear Farabee was coming in for Raffl.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

If JVR is out or down the lineup... it is likely deserved and its likely strategy. JVR is so streaky... and it seems like when he comes back from injuries or playing down the lineup he goes on a big scoring streak... so time it right and get him going for Round 1.

​​

Elliot's new mask looks slick!

JVR is out...Connor Bunnaman is in for him.

Kuznetsov left a PP late in the period and ended up leaving the bench as well.

Bunnaman fell on Kuznetsov's leg and he grabbed it before leaving the ice... but he was right back on the ice for PP.

Kuznetsov left a PP late in the period and ended up leaving the bench as well.

Bunnaman fell on Kuznetsov's leg and he grabbed it before leaving the ice... but he was right back on the ice for PP.
    He is back out to start the 2nd.

​​

Standings after 2 games each

1) Tampa - 4
    2) Philly - 4
    3) Washington - 1
    4) Boston - 0

That guarantees that Tampa and Philly are 1 and 2 depending who wins their game Saturday. As a Flyer fan I am excited that their is 0 percent chance of the Flyers playing Pens or Canes in Round 1.

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes nice effort by Philly, especially since none of us picked them to win the round robin.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Yes nice effort by Philly, especially since none of us picked them to win the round robin.
    Some of us picked their players in playoff pools though

Some of us picked their players in playoff pools though
    And some of us picked the Flyers as their favourite team and hedge their bets and don’t pick them in things like this!

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

And some of us picked the Flyers as their favourite team and hedge their bets and don’t pick them in things like this!
    Always important to appease the Hockey Gods.