Poll: Isles vs Panthers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders (7) vs Florida Panthers (11) - East Play In Round

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders (7) vs Florida Panthers (11) - East Play In Round

Takes the isles a few games to get defensive system firing on all cylinders. I think they need to at least get a split after 2 games.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: New York Islanders (7) vs Florida Panthers (11) - East Play In Round

Isles in 4 for me. Would have loved to see Florida turn into an elite team this year but they're not even close.

Dobber Sports Ninja

NYI in 5, but this could go either way...not sold on either team.

Dobber Sports Titan

No one seems to care too much about this one, but unsurprisingly the Isles look to have a stranglehold on it. Now the question is do they sweep their next series, or get swept?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    No one seems to care too much about this one, but unsurprisingly the Isles look to have a stranglehold on it. Now the question is do they sweep their next series, or get swept?
    The Islanders had 7 power plays in this one..

Looks like Florida will be in the Lafreniere Lottery as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The Islanders had 7 power plays in this one..

Looks like Florida will be in the Lafreniere Lottery as well.
    Can Laf play RW? Barkov, Hubs, and Laf would be terrifying
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Can Laf play RW? Barkov, Hubs, and Laf would be terrifying
    Not sure if Lafreniere can... but I think Huberdeau is experienced enough that he could jump over to the other side.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Master

Florida had some chances to keep it closer but they kinda packed it in once isles scored 4th goal.

It’s not over til it’s over

Dobber Sports Icon

The old saying in hockey playoffs...you are not out of a series until you lose on home ice. Florida returns home for games 3 and 4.

Not sure if that really applies this year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, even though Florida has last change the next two days, it won't help them a lot against a team like the Isles. I don't think they can beat them in three straight unless Bob suddenly reverts to Vezina mode.

Yeah, even though Florida has last change the next two days, it won't help them a lot against a team like the Isles. I don't think they can beat them in three straight unless Bob suddenly reverts to Vezina mode.
    I really thought the break was going to help Bobrovsky a lot... I was expecting a huge turnaround. Maybe he steals three straight games for them now.

​​

Dobber Sports Master

he hasnt let any softies in ; been making some huge saves . isles arent exactly peppering him with 40 + shots either though

Do we see a 2nd dose of fist pumps (previously handshakes) today?

I am gonna say no, and that Florida is able to find a way to win today.

​​

And i feel for the fans of these teams.. they are getting the Blue Jays playoff treatment.

They played yesterday afternoon and have to play again this afternoon.

Why aren't the Penguins/Canadiens or the Oilers/Hawks getting an afternoon game today. Especially when they didn't play yesterday.

​​

Game 3 Game time prediction -

Florida Panthers with their backs against the walls come out strong and take an early 2-0 lead (2 goals in first 5 minutes) and end up winning 3-1.

​​