Poll: Preds vs Yotes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nashville Predators (6) vs Arizona Coyotes (11) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Nashville Predators (6) vs Arizona Coyotes (11) - West Play In Round

I am probably least excited about this series....so I kind of glad it has its own spotlight as the first game tomorrow. Go Hockey Go

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Nashville Predators (6) vs Arizona Coyotes (11) - West Play In Round

Is anyone actual going to watch this series?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    All of it
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I can't tell on my phone but did you use sarcastic font with that reply?

Big Daddy

I can't tell on my phone but did you use sarcastic font with that reply?
    EB is a Predators fan for some reason. Second to the Leafs though.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    EB is a Predators fan for some reason. Second to the Leafs though.
    Right now I'm questioning what that reason is...
    Hopefully the Leafs game goes better than this one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sage

I like Arizona since I have several of their players on my team. I have never liked Nashville. But yeah, I’ll watch some of this series. Now I have no interest in NYI/FLA.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Of course Kuemper gets the start and the win...I chose Matt Murray PIT (who lost) over Kuemper or Elvis Merzlikins (who isn't starting tonight). I think Nashville/Arizona is an interesting match up.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Of course Kuemper gets the start and the win...I chose Matt Murray PIT (who lost) over Kuemper or Elvis Merzlikins (who isn't starting tonight). I think Nashville/Arizona is an interesting match up.
    Still lots of time for it to all shake out. You're not winning the pool in the first game anyways

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Right now I'm questioning what that reason is...
    Hopefully the Leafs game goes better than this one.
    This didn't turn out the way you had hoped. Good thing these aren't best of ones.

Dobber Sports Master

man , there were a lot of point blank scoring chances (imo anyways) for both teams .

Dobber Sports Titan

Lots of time for all of these to turn around. Most of all I'm just enjoying that hockey is back.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Lots of time for all of these to turn around. Most of all I'm just enjoying that hockey is back.
    The stats show that in a 5 game series, the team winning Game 1 wins the series a large percentage (I forget what % was mentioned, 70-something?) of the time. I wonder though, this year is just unlike any other, so maybe that stat will be turned on its ear this year.

I am very much in agreement with you about enjoying hockey being back!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The stats show that in a 5 game series, the team winning Game 1 wins the series a large percentage (I forget what % was mentioned, 70-something?) of the time. I wonder though, this year is just unlike any other, so maybe that stat will be turned on its ear this year.

I am very much in agreement with you about enjoying hockey being back!!
    I also heard someone discussing this.
    when you lose game one in a 5 game series you have to win 3 of the next 4 games.

whereas if you lose game 1 of a 7 game series you have to win 4 of the next 6. So two additional games to get one additional win.

but like you said.. it’s 2020 and the year of craziness. Maybe none of the teams that win game one win the series. Wouldn’t that be something.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    but like you said.. it’s 2020 and the year of craziness. Maybe none of the teams that win game one win the series. Wouldn’t that be something.
    That somehow doesn't even seem all that crazy...