Poll: Penguins vs Habs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins (5) vs Montreal Canadiens (12) - East Play in Round

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins (5) vs Montreal Canadiens (12) - East Play in Round

Would just like it on record that Price absolutely has not stolen this series. Whether it’s Pittsburgh playing like garbage or Montreal playing well, or both, it’s certainly not a 2010 Caps situation. Price has been just fine, but he hasn’t been Hasek

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins (5) vs Montreal Canadiens (12) - East Play in Round

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    that Petry goal was a pretty bad goal for a game winning goal. I wonder if Pittsburgh changes up to Jarry next game.
    NO, I need Murray in my playoff pool - he's my only goalie!! lol Go Pens!!

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think you'll find any arguments on that one.
    Would be crazy if Montreal wins and it's not because of Price stealing it. Zero people would have had that predicted.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Would just like it on record that Price absolutely has not stolen this series. Whether it’s Pittsburgh playing like garbage or Montreal playing well, or both, it’s certainly not a 2010 Caps situation. Price has been just fine, but he hasn’t been Hasek
    you bet. price has made some good saves but he hasn’t been the game changer that we all expected if we looked and saw Montreal up 2-1 in the series.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Weber, Petry and Chiarot are really effective. The long rest has really benefited Weber, he's huge on the ice.
    Malkin doesn't have fire in his game right now.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going to rename my hockey pool team to Chiarot's on Fire

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm going to rename my hockey pool team to Chiarot's on Fire
    I like it. Has a "fall of Rome" kind of vibe to it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Administrator

Crazy to see the Habs up 2-1 despite stretches of the team completely checking out and a power play that looks like a skateboarder in a half-pipe.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

That's the beauty of a short series. Hockey is already something like 37% pure randomness so it only takes a bit of luck to have an NHL playoffs without 4 of the top 15 regular season clubs making it and the Presidents' Trophy winner only having home ice advantage in round 1.

Dobber Sports Deity

Penguins going with Jarry today!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Penguins going with Jarry today!
    I am not surprised. They will be looking for the same magic that they got from Murray in his first playoff season.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

The bigger question is whether they are still going with Jack Johnson.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The bigger question is whether they are still going with Jack Johnson.
    As a Habs fan, I hope so.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Coaches aren't smart enough to bench guys like Johnson.

Though I like the Jarry move.

Dobber Sports Stud

It'll be interesting to see if Claude Julien sticks with his new lines.
    The new Danault combination looked like a pure checking trio.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.