Poll: Penguins vs Habs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins (5) vs Montreal Canadiens (12) - East Play in Round

Big Daddy

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins (5) vs Montreal Canadiens (12) - East Play in Round

Penguins in 3.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins (5) vs Montreal Canadiens (12) - East Play in Round

Pens in 4 (Price takes one game, let's go Murray!!)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nick Suzuki is looking real damn good to me.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Nick Suzuki is looking real damn good to me.
    No kidding. I haven't been following Suzuki much, but it sure looks like the Habs have found themselves a gamer!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Petry ain’t bad either...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Petry ain’t bad either...
    Uh, yeah, not good enough to be an Oiler...sigh.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Uh, yeah, not good enough to be an Oiler...sigh.
    This is a little bit awkward...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is a little bit awkward...
    Just to be clear, fans and media essentially ran him out of town. I feel like he got "Larry Murphy'd" out of Edmonton. I could be wrong though. I thought the Oilers should have kept him, he's a decent NHL defenseman and we didn't have enough of them.

Dobber Sports Icon

Petry's much better than a "decent NHL defenseman". He's a top pairing guy who does everything pretty well.

My prediction is on pace...Pens in 4!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Petry's much better than a "decent NHL defenseman". He's a top pairing guy who does everything pretty well.
    Including turnovers. He's had a total of 319 giveaways in the last three years combined. That number is worst in the league.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Including turnovers. He's had a total of 319 giveaways in the last three years combined. That number is worst in the league.
    Are high numbers of turnovers an indication of a bad player or a very, very good one? Let's check the numbers.

You said Petry's #1 in the NHL in turnovers over the past 3 seasons. Who are the next few on the list? Let's see:

Brent Burns - Superstar
    Mathew Barzal - Star, best player on his team
    Keith Yandle - ???
    Aaron Ekblad - ??? - but former 1st overall pick
    Johnny Gaudreau - Superstar
    Leon Draisaitl - Superstar
    Mkie Matheson - ???
    Drew Doughty - Superstar
    John Carlson - Superstar

So of the rest of the top 10, there are 5 superstars, 1 star and 3 Florida dmen. It sounds like the official scorer in Florida loves giving out turnovers more than any of the other official scorers. It also tells me that turnovers are an indication of how good a player is and not that they are bad.

Want me to keep going down the list? Here are the next 10: Dylan Larkin, David Pastrnak, Ivan Provorov, Kris Letang, John Klingberg, Jonathan Huberdeau, Brad Marchand, Connor McDavid, Nikita Kucherov, Evgeni Malkin. 10 more names and 7 are superstars and 2 are budding superstars.

Thank you for helping me make my point that Petry is a superstar!

The Great One

Perhaps a high number of turnovers are an indication that a player has the puck often...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Perhaps a high number of turnovers are an indication that a player has the puck often...
    I hate stats that are subjective. What is a turnover? An attempted pass that the forward stopped skating on and the puck went to an opponent? Does the puck have to be taken off your stick or fumbled away? As noted (with Florida), some statisticians will call it a turnover, while others wouldn't.

Dobber Sports Stud

Penguins have now lost 8 of their last 9 playoff games
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Well at least 85 percent of us were wrong! 85 percent of us said Pens in 3 or 4.

definitely surprised.

and that Petry goal was a pretty bad goal for a game winning goal. I wonder if Pittsburgh changes up to Jarry next game.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​