Poll: Leafs vs CBJ

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

well it just got harder for the leafs without Muzzin but they definitely solved jackets today..if it was not for Koprisalo this could have been 6-7
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Just went and checked the score and saw the game is delayed after a Boone Jenner hit

What happened
    Muzzin left ice on stretcher. Freak accident. He was moving his arms/hands and talking. It looked like a stinger. Muzzin fell awkwardly into the back of Bjorkstrands knee.

Dobber Sports Deity

This is going to be a dandy series.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Hopefully Muzzin is going to be okay.

As for the game as a whole, it was a lot better for the Leafs. Going to be a fun finish!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Muzzin left ice on stretcher. Freak accident. He was moving his arms/hands and talking. It looked like a stinger. Muzzin fell awkwardly into the back of Bjorkstrands knee.
    Yea, yea, but how's Bjorkstrand (says this Bjorkstrand owner), lol!?

The Great One

Interesting news on TSN. Obviously we all hope Muzzin is ok and the stretcher was precautionary. Even assuming this is true, Muzzin may have to miss games 3 and 4 because there is a 4 day quarantine period for people leaving the bubble (and Muzzin went to a hospital, presumably outside the bubble). TSN says clarification may be needed on this rule, though. I read it here: https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-lea...cher-1.1504308

Dobber Sports Icon

There's still a chance that the hospital he went to is considered "in the bubble". It will all depend on what exposure risk he encountered.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya, the head medical director has the final say on this I do believe. So if he's in a "bubble" hospital (off sight, but considered part of the bubble, kinda) it may just be a couple of negative tests that get him back in the bubble.

I think it's safe to say he's out for game 3 though. Just my guess.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya, the head medical director has the final say on this I do believe. So if he's in a "bubble" hospital (off sight, but considered part of the bubble, kinda) it may just be a couple of negative tests that get him back in the bubble.

I think it's safe to say he's out for game 3 though. Just my guess.
    Yeah, I mean we still don't even know for sure if he can come back. Let's get to that point and then deal with how they get him back in the bubble first.

Assuming he does miss game 3. Who draws in? Sandin or Marincin?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah, I mean we still don't even know for sure if he can come back. Let's get to that point and then deal with how they get him back in the bubble first.

Assuming he does miss game 3. Who draws in? Sandin or Marincin?

My thought would be this is the lineup:

Sandin-Barrie
    Dermott-Holl
    Rielly-Ceci

Dermott plugs in the Muzzin role on the PK. However, the Leafs seem to just like the Marincin experiment still. The world will be consumed by nuclear waste and the Leafs will still be signing him to a 1yr, 800K deal. Marincin did play with Barrie at one point this yr, and I think Barrie's offense did improve, but the defense, oh my lerd. Marincin can't handle getting hit behind the goal line, Sandin has shown he can roll off that forecheck.

Marnincin can handle himself on the PK because of that stick. So that's what makes me think he's going to be drawing in to the lineup, just because of that. Also remember, Sandin wasn't playing in the exhibition game.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, I'm hoping for Sandin and expecting Marincin. Taking less penalties while Muzzin is out is going to be a big key.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping for Sandin and expecting Marincin. Taking less penalties while Muzzin is out is going to be a big key.
    if they can keep same intensity offensively (highly unlikely knowing their history) Sandin will help with that and should not have to do much in own end...it was as good of a game as i seen from the leafs in close to 20 years now...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Leafs fans... can you breathe easier right now knowing Kadri is not coming out to take a suspension at a crucial time in the first round series?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Leafs fans... can you breathe easier right now knowing Kadri is not coming out to take a suspension at a crucial time in the first round series?
    The hockey Gods give us the "No Kadri Suspension", but there is always a price...and this time it was Muzzin.

Thank god he's ok and out of the hospital and with teammates.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The hockey Gods give us the "No Kadri Suspension", but there is always a price...and this time it was Muzzin.

Thank god he's ok and out of the hospital and with teammates.
    Yes, thankful he is okay. He is back with teammates? I was wondering if he would have to quarantine for a couple days or have a couple negative tests?

It sounded like Rask had to quarantine for a couple days and produce negative tests after having a cough.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​