Poll: Leafs vs CBJ

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Awfully quiet in here.
    Like the Leafs offense in game one?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Awfully quiet in here.
    Must not be many Leafs or Blue Jackets fans around these Days!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

im a leaf fan and yes they lost but game was very even, cancelled each other out...i dont expect each of of these games to be like this and once it opens up a bit i still dont see a reason why leafs would not win this series...they actually played as gritty game as i seen them play in very very long time..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    im a leaf fan and yes they lost but game was very even, cancelled each other out...i dont expect each of of these games to be like this and once it opens up a bit i still dont see a reason why leafs would not win this series...they actually played as gritty game as i seen them play in very very long time..
    Columbus played a signature Columbus game. That's what they do. They shut you down and wait for their opportunity. Do not underestimate this teams ability to play with the big boys. They are built for playoff hockey.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

The game might have been even but that style of game plays right into the hands of Columbus, so that's actually not a good thing for Toronto.
    I did like that there was some grit and push back, but they'll need to make some adjustments if they're going to beat Columbus with their current setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of, anyone remember much from how Boston did it last year?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Columbus played a signature Columbus game. That's what they do. They shut you down and wait for their opportunity. Do not underestimate this teams ability to play with the big boys. They are built for playoff hockey.
    im not im just saying that game was as even as they get and Columbus got a break not the leafs....i didnt think leafs had a game like this in them but they did..they also had chances and Korpisalo was excellent...if game is the same tomorrow there is good chance it will go the other way..

Dobber Sports Titan

It was actually quite the chess match game. I loved watching it after I cooled down. The playbook to defend the Leafs is very simple, it's just execution that's the thing. Clog the middle, everything to the outside. CBJ did that outstandingly, and when it did get to the middle, Korp was there.

It was very even in, and that's exactly what the CBJ want. Even, and they bet on capitalizing on their chances.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Those two slots chances from Matthews and Robertson are going to be about all they will get in a game, so they'll have to capitalize on those. That or throw something different at Columbus. Maybe some more one timers from Muzzin/Barrie and hope for tips?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Those two slots chances from Matthews and Robertson are going to be about all they will get in a game, so they'll have to capitalize on those. That or throw something different at Columbus. Maybe some more one timers from Muzzin/Barrie and hope for tips?
    Exactly my thoughts.

Tips, "lucky" breaks, PP (CBJ took the least penalties in the league). Things like that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

im not im just saying that game was as even as they get and Columbus got a break not the leafs....i didnt think leafs had a game like this in them but they did..they also had chances and Korpisalo was excellent...if game is the same tomorrow there is good chance it will go the other way..
    I dont think anyone expects CBJ to sweep the Leafs (although, no one saw them doing it to TB last year either) but I have always said since the matchups were set, that the Blue Jackets are going to give any of the top teams one hell of a challenge just based on their game play and I believe Torts is still a mastermind.

Anyone watch the first period? How did it look?

Toronto with 15 shots? Any high quality or just perimeter shots?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Anyone watch the first period? How did it look?

Toronto with 15 shots? Any high quality or just perimeter shots?
    Some high quality but a lot of mediocre chances too. 2 PPs and nothing.

Theyve been shut out for 80 minutes.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

2nd looks like they playing against Korpisalo and 5 pylons and still cant score..insane...if they dont break through soon i can see same fate as game 1.....

Toronto finally scored a goal!!

​​

Just went and checked the score and saw the game is delayed after a Boone Jenner hit

What happened

​​