Poll: Leafs vs CBJ

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Classic bums.

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

All of that firepower and no goals in an elimination game... yikes

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    All of that firepower and no goals in an elimination game... yikes
    Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The Toronto Maple Leafreniere! Nah, my money’s on NY.

Dobber Sports Ninja

CBJ is a tough out. Clearly still work to do for Toronto in the off-season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I thought after games 3 and 4 that this was going to be a nore
    exciting game. I can’t believe that Toronto got the goose egg in game 5.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I’m still levitating lol. First Edmonton and then Toronto. Absolute chefs kiss.

FWIW, I think this thread has overblown Matthews lack of leadership. He’s just fine. And truly, it’s not like he has to be the leader of the team. That should rightly fall to Tavares, and Marner/Matthews/Reilly are all decent support leaders.

Dobber Sports Pro

Maybe they’ll take Sanderson first overall.

Dobber Sports Guru

I am so tempted to spend the next few hours simply retweeting all the Leafs fans on Twitter tonight.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I am so tempted to spend the next few hours simply retweeting all the Leafs fans on Twitter tonight.
    Do you have benefits for carpal tunnel therapy?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Do you have benefits for carpal tunnel therapy?
    No, but it will be so worth it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

I can’t believe Keefe actually played Marner-Matthews-Tavares together and left Nylander to die on his own at center rather than reuniting Marner-Tavares. Quite the decision.

Administrator

#analytics4life

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bummer. Thankfully I didn't get my hopes too high after that last game... had a feeling this was coming.

I watched the leaf interviews after the game, and those guys are pathetic. Matthews and Marner in particular, handled the questions like whiny, self-entitled brats. No honesty, candor or accountability whatsoever. Marner looked like he was going to cry. Even Chief Keefe refused to answer half his questions. JT was just about the only person who answered the tougher questions with some dignity and self reflection.

We've got a talented team, but too many mentally fragile, self-entitled pretty boys. I feel like they just feed off each other's insecurities.

I know lots of people are blaming the bad line change for the Foudy goal, but I’m just not sure I’m buying it. I mean it was definitely a terrible line change, but what did it cost them? Based on their positioning, Foudy was getting that puck either way, and they didn’t even give up a scoring chance. He shot at a bad angle, from distance, from the bottom of the circle. I like Freddie and he’s a good goalie, but that is simply a stop that an NHL goaltender has to stop 100% of the time. There was no threat of a pass and no angle for the shot and it somehow still goes in.