Poll: Oilers vs Hawks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

I'm wondering how a deep playoff run for a couple of teams will impact their future. If Chicago gets to the third round or the finals, does the GM go into next season thinking they were so close so maybe they make another run by signing/trading for veterans? Same goes for Montreal. A team that desperately needs to rebuild, but a deep run could convince the team to go for it again next year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm wondering how a deep playoff run for a couple of teams will impact their future. If Chicago gets to the third round or the finals, does the GM go into next season thinking they were so close so maybe they make another run by signing/trading for veterans? Same goes for Montreal. A team that desperately needs to rebuild, but a deep run could convince the team to go for it again next year.
    that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The entire hockey world already knows that Edmonton is going to win the draft lottery! lol
    Of all the scenarios, this is the worst.
    A losing franchise that keeps finding ways to lose gets rewarded once again.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

Another year, another non-playoff. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Am I wrong or did the refs completely blow the too many men on the ice call? Here is Rule 71.1 of the NHL rulebook.

71.1 PREMATURE SUBSTITUTION - When a goalkeeper leaves his goal and and proceeds to his players' bench for the purpose of sustituting another player, the skater cannot enter the playing surface before the goalkeeper is within five feet of the bench. If the substitution is made prematurely, the official shall stop play immediately unless the non-offending team has possession of the puck -- in which even the stoppage will be delayed until the puck changes possession.

There shall be no time penalty to the team making the premature substitution but the resulting face-off will take place at the center ice face-off spot when play is stopped beyond the center red line. When play is stopped prior to the center red line, the resulting face-off shall be conducted at the nearest face-off spot in the zone where the play was stopped.

The back linesman should have blown the play dead as soon as McDavid stepped on the ice.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am levitating

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough to watch. They threw the kitchen sink at Crawford that last 10 mins and he stood tall.

I've said it before and I still say it today, I don't like Ethan Bear. I don't think, at this point in having a career, that he's a good defenseman. I'm not saying he's the reason they lost this series, but I am not a fan of his game.

Now the Oilers just need to see their lottery ball pulled on Monday to piss the hockey world off again.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Now the Oilers just need to see their lottery ball pulled on Monday to piss the hockey world off again.
    Yep, that's all Oiler fans have left to hope for. If it does happen, look for the NHL to change the lottery rules...again. Having the Oilers win the lottery would make a mockery of the lottery as it currently stands. Here's hoping!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yep, that's all Oiler fans have left to hope for. If it does happen, look for the NHL to change the lottery rules...again. Having the Oilers win the lottery would make a mockery of the lottery as it currently stands. Here's hoping!
    See I don't get that at all. The mockery came when the Sabres' fans actively cheered against their own team in a game while the front office traded away every goalie who dared to make a save for them in an effort to get the best odds at McDavid. What we have now is the NHL's response to that mockery. And frankly, I love it. It makes a better chance for teams to climb out of that dreaded middle where Minnesota has languished for years.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    See I don't get that at all. The mockery came when the Sabres' fans actively cheered against their own team in a game while the front office traded away every goalie who dared to make a save for them in an effort to get the best odds at McDavid. What we have now is the NHL's response to that mockery. And frankly, I love it. It makes a better chance for teams to climb out of that dreaded middle where Minnesota has languished for years.
    Give us the gold plan. Every fan base would have a reason to cheer for wins right up to game 82

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Give us the gold plan. Every fan base would have a reason to cheer for wins right up to game 82
    Fully agree, it would be a great solution, and make those stretch run games super meaningful for the eliminated teams. Would you like to see the banked points to determine only the first pick? top 3 picks? all the non playoff teams?

Dobber Sports Guru

There was an idea floated around a few years ago (I think by Bill Simmons) about the NBA draft, but it would work for the NHL as well. Basically, you determine the draft order for the next 32 years. This way, there's never any need for a team to tank since you know where you are drafting. You can set it up so a team only gets one top-five pick in every six-year period.

So, using the Habs for example, this year we would know Montreal drafts 9th, next year is 20th, the year after is 3rd, then 17th, 30th, 12th, etc. This would stop tanking completely, every team is guaranteed a number one pick at some point, removes the fact that one team can win the draft lottery multiple years, etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

I don't know why y'all are trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    People get all bent out of shape when they see a team they deem "unworthy" win the lottery multiple times without having "earned" the right. My $0.02 on why this is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Fully agree, it would be a great solution, and make those stretch run games super meaningful for the eliminated teams. Would you like to see the banked points to determine only the first pick? top 3 picks? all the non playoff teams?
    No lottery. Banker points determine every teams draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Agree to disagree that fans actively cheering for their teams to lose isn’t “broken”.