Poll: Oilers vs Hawks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I thought all hats in the NHL threw on the ice for hat tricks got donated to third world countries. Similarly to the team that loses in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Someone out there has a orange 2010 Flyers Stanley Cup Champs Shirt!
    Nope. Some may get donated, but I can tell you that some are on display at arenas. The Scumbag Bank that has the Naming Rights Now Center in South Philly has some displays with hats behind glass.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping for a Blackhawks win tonight, for maximum chaos & comedy value.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Chicago has a 5 on 3 power play.

would like to see them score on it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chicago has a 5 on 3 power play.

would like to see them score on it.
    Sigh. Thanks Nostrawanus

Game Time prediction..

we see a lot better defense and goaltending then the first two games. Chicago line matches and shuts down Mcdavid.

Chicago wins 3-2.
    There was a lot more Defense in the game and an exciting third period.

One has to wonder if they go back to Smith for game 4. I Don’t think they should after the results of game 1.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

There was a lot more Defense in the game and an exciting third period.

One has to wonder if they go back to Smith for game 4. I Don’t think they should after the results of game 1.
    Don't think they should either, but they probably shouldn't have for game one, so who knows!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

The only way I see them switching back to Smith is if they feel Koskinen is costing them the victory. I dont think thats the case, yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Tyler Ennis is deemed out indefinitely per caoch Dave. So it doesn't look good for him coming back.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Tyler Ennis is deemed out indefinitely per caoch Dave. So it doesn't look good for him coming back.
    Some speculation on twitter that it could be an MCL sprain or something similar. That would fit the (unknown) timeline.

https://twitter.com/Harjas_Grewal/st...46638959177728
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's too bad. I really like how Ennis was playing. Lots of energy. Now it's up to someone else to step into his role. Athanasiou...where are you???

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    That's too bad. I really like how Ennis was playing. Lots of energy. Now it's up to someone else to step into his role. Athanasiou...where are you???
    We don't see asiou!

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

It's a good thing the Oilers signed Zack Kassian to a 4 year extension at $3.2M per season when he can only earn one shift in the 3rd period of a playoff game where his guy sets up the tying goal. Yep...money well spent.

Dobber Sports Sage

Until the last 2 minutes that was some fantastic hockey and I didn’t really care who won.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Until the last 2 minutes that was some fantastic hockey and I didn’t really care who won.
    Results show that was a lie (sorry for the language in the video, but I found it funny for a guy who's avatar is Dirk Graham in a Hawks jersey to not care if his team won! No offense intended):

Congrats to Chicago, they were the better team.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Results show that was a lie (sorry for the language in the video, but I found it funny for a guy who's avatar is Dirk Graham in a Hawks jersey to not care if his team won! No offense intended):
    Congrats to Chicago, they were the better team.
    For the long haul it would be better for Chicago to have lost and had a shot for Lafreniere or a top 10 pick. They are not getting past Colorado or Las Vegas. I’m not going to lie, it was nice seeing them win and remembering what their Cup runs were like. I just hope Toronto can get Laffy! That would fantastic for the world!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    For the long haul it would be better for Chicago to have lost and had a shot for Lafreniere or a top 10 pick. They are not getting past Colorado or Las Vegas. I’m not going to lie, it was nice seeing them win and remembering what their Cup runs were like. I just hope Toronto can get Laffy! That would fantastic for the world!
    Actually, I get where you are in your thinking. After the Oilers had their Stanley Cups, the team needed to retool, but the hard questions were when and how. The Hawks core players are aging, but they just proved they aren't done quite yet and some of the young players look like they have bright futures. Kubalik has been a revelation (loving that I own him in one of my dynasty leagues), Dach looks like he'll be a player when he gets some experience. You have to hope that Bowman can keep finding talent deep into the draft.

The entire hockey world already knows that Edmonton is going to win the draft lottery! lol