Poll: Oilers vs Hawks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    The Nuge looks pretty warmed up. Maybe next year is his "breakout" year ?

I know i have said it before, but Dach is pretty impressive so far.
    Dach has looked very good. Someone remind me to look into his usage later today to see if he's due for a sophomore slump... Or maybe I'll make my Capped article for the week on expected/not-expected sophomore slumps. That sounds like fun

Nuge has looked good too. He's had some stretches of a point per game, but that seems to be the peak. 70-75 in a season seems like the best we can hope for right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Dach has looked very good. Someone remind me to look into his usage later today to see if he's due for a sophomore slump... Or maybe I'll make my Capped article for the week on expected/not-expected sophomore slumps. That sounds like fun

Nuge has looked good too. He's had some stretches of a point per game, but that seems to be the peak. 70-75 in a season seems like the best we can hope for right now.
    ill take the over for The Nuge

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    ill take the over for The Nuge
    I'll take just under on a 72.5 pt pace for him next year.
    Someone try and remember this one
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am a proud Kirby Dach owner this morning
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anyone that watched the game... did Ethan Bear get an assist in the game last night?

Someone in a playoff league is pissed off because he thinks Bear got an assist... but the website isn't scoring it. TSN doesn't have it. So I want to say he didn't.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Anyone that watched the game... did Ethan Bear get an assist in the game last night?

Someone in a playoff league is pissed off because he thinks Bear got an assist... but the website isn't scoring it. TSN doesn't have it. So I want to say he didn't.
    I watched 2/3 of it and none of it clear enough to note that kind of detail was miscounted.

If the stat provider isn't counting it then the onus should be on the participant to provide you with proof of concept. If he can find a video clip showing that Bear should have an assist, then it could be manually counted (and will probably be changed soon in the system).
    However if he can't provide anything to you, then nothing happens and he's yelling at clouds.

Administrator

I wouldn't change anything regardless of video proof. If it's not in the official stats then it's not a point. Stats get changed after the fact all the time.

The simplest solution is the best one.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

There was an initial thought that Bear passed the puck to RNH on the 2nd Oiler goal. Turns out it was a Chicago player that hit the puck out to RNH. Bear did not touch the puck so he had no assist on any of the 6 Oiler goals.

Dobber Sports Icon

Did anyone else notice arena staff throwing hats on the ice after McDavid's 3rd goal? I thought that was pretty lame, pretty funny and pretty awesome all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Did anyone else notice arena staff throwing hats on the ice after McDavid's 3rd goal? I thought that was pretty lame, pretty funny and pretty awesome all at the same time.
    Yes, I heard something about this after the fact.

When Svechnikov had his hat trick that afternoon.... the Director of Marketing realized that there was a marketing opportunity and rallied up a bunch of hats to throw on the ice in case there was another hat trick. And there was that night.

I am guessing they will recycle those same hats for all hat tricks through the playoffs!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

I am pretty sure in Edmonton, the player who scored the hat trick gets to keep the hats. Not sure if that rule applies in these playoffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am pretty sure in Edmonton, the player who scored the hat trick gets to keep the hats. Not sure if that rule applies in these playoffs though.
    I thought all hats in the NHL threw on the ice for hat tricks got donated to third world countries. Similarly to the team that loses in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Someone out there has a orange 2010 Flyers Stanley Cup Champs Shirt!

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I thought all hats in the NHL threw on the ice for hat tricks got donated to third world countries. Similarly to the team that loses in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Someone out there has a orange 2010 Flyers Stanley Cup Champs Shirt!
    I'm pretty sure they get donated, but I thought it was locally and not out of country.

Dobber Sports Icon

I believe every arena has different rules. I know one arena (I want to say Washington) has a big clear bin in the lobby of the arena where the hats are put on display for the season. Some teams definitely donate the hats, other teams let the player decide what do do with them, some teams put the hats in lost and found so the owners can claim them.

Game Time prediction..

we see a lot better defense and goaltending then the first two games. Chicago line matches and shuts down Mcdavid.

Chicago wins 3-2.