Poll: Oilers vs Hawks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers (5) vs Chicago Blackhawks (12) - West Play In Round

Rough game 1 for the Oilers. Silver lining for me is that I own Kubalik in my only fantasy playoff pool! Go Oilers!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oilers lose to Chicago and get #1 overall? Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Dobber Sports Monster

Right on track for oilers in 4...

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Oilers lose to Chicago and get #1 overall? Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
    The outcry in the hockey community would be close to what would happen in the USA if Trump is re-elected! lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Dach played some big minutes. PP1 as well

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't think many expected the Oilers to sweep anyway. No one wants to lose the first one in a short series but it is what it is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Koskinen's net to lose now. Crawford didn't have to be spectacular but the 3rd period showed he can be exposed a bit.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Koskinen's net to lose now. Crawford didn't have to be spectacular but the 3rd period showed he can be exposed a bit.
    Definitely, but man, the Oilers defensive zone coverage is just poor. They'll need to shore up the defensive side of the game if they hope to get past the Hawks.

Dobber Sports Icon

The Oilers looked nervous and unprepared to start the game. They were missing 5 foot passes by 3 feet. They settled down as the game progressed but there margin for error going forward is very slim.

Big Daddy

Still scratching my head at the decision to start Mike Smith. I’d imagine it will be the last we see of him in the qualifying round.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Still scratching my head at the decision to start Mike Smith. I’d imagine it will be the last we see of him in the qualifying round.
    Tippett badly wanted it to work with Smith because of the puck handling breakout ability he has. But as we saw last afternoon, it's become a dangerous game with Smith. Koskinen should have gotten the start because he was the better goalie this year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Hopefully for their sake they realize their best bet is Koskinen.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Tippett badly wanted it to work with Smith because of the puck handling breakout ability he has. But as we saw last afternoon, it's become a dangerous game with Smith. Koskinen should have gotten the start because he was the better goalie this year.
    It also came down to Smith having actual NHL playoff experience.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

The worst part is that Smith didn't play bad. The first goal against looked like his fault but where was Klefbom going? I am pretty sure Klefbom forgot that Smith was his goalie as Klefbom went to the wrong side of the next while Smith was playing the puck. The other goals were all pretty much wide open one timers. It would have been nice if Smith came up with a big save or 2 but I don't think the Oilers would have fared any better if Koskinen got the start. The Oilers were terrible to begin the game but slowly improved as the game wore on. I still like their chances in the series.

Dobber Sports Stud

The Nuge looks pretty warmed up. Maybe next year is his "breakout" year ?

I know i have said it before, but Dach is pretty impressive so far.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft