Poll: Cgy vs Wpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Calgary Flames (8) vs Winnipeg Jets (9) - West Play In Round

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Calgary Flames (8) vs Winnipeg Jets (9) - West Play In Round

Not sure I would put any blame on Hellebuyck for the Jets loss. He's pretty much the only reason the Jets were in the play-ins to begin with.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Not sure I would put any blame on Hellebuyck for the Jets loss. He's pretty much the only reason the Jets were in the play-ins to begin with.
    Not really trying to blame him, just saying that his play has differed between the regular season and now, and that's part of the reason that Winnipeg is disappointed with losing so early.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Jets could really have used big Buff.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

With Jets early exit, any bold offseason trade predictions?

Dobber Sports Deity

I think some of the blame lays at his feet. He simply didn't play to the same level that got them to the playins. As I mentioned earlier, look at what Price is doing and then look at what Hellebuyck did. Who's the favorite to win the Vezina this year???
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think some of the blame lays at his feet. He simply didn't play to the same level that got them to the playins. As I mentioned earlier, look at what Price is doing and then look at what Hellebuyck did. Who's the favorite to win the Vezina this year???
    I live in Manitoba.... Jet's fans keep putting all the blame on Tkachuk and I see some truth to it, but not for the same reasons they are giving. How much did Tkachuk get under the skin of the players. He drew like 5 or 6 penalties in the series.

But I agree... we did not see the Hellebuyck that carried this team to the play-in round.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

The Jets troubles begin and end with Maurice. Until they fire him they will be fair to middling.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

The Jets trouble this season was not having any dmen. When Neal Pionk leads your team in time on ice in a season, you have no business being anywhere near the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Jets trouble this season was not having any dmen. When Neal Pionk leads your team in time on ice in a season, you have no business being anywhere near the playoffs.
    And yet, Hellebuyck had a Vezina caliber season. I don't disagree that their D is suspect but key players didn't show up when needed.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Legit question. Before the season started how many people expected a stellar season out of Hellybuyck at all?

He's alternated between great and ok so far in his career with Buff and Trouba in front of him most of that time, his GSAA this season was incredible but no goalie since Hasek has had the ability to sustain that and the loss of Scheif and Laine seemed like the death knell to me.

I wouldn't put too much of this on Helly.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Legit question. Before the season started how many people expected a stellar season out of Hellybuyck at all?

He's alternated between great and ok so far in his career with Buff and Trouba in front of him most of that time, his GSAA this season was incredible but no goalie since Hasek has had the ability to sustain that and the loss of Scheif and Laine seemed like the death knell to me.

I wouldn't put too much of this on Helly.
    He had a great year this year, I'm expecting a down year next season. Craig Anderson 2.0 as far as yo-yo seasons go.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He had a great year this year, I'm expecting a down year next season. Craig Anderson 2.0 as far as yo-yo seasons go.
    or was this short ‘play-in’ season his bad season and he will yo-yo into a good season after another break.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    or was this short ‘play-in’ season his bad season and he will yo-yo into a good season after another break.
    Oh snap. Mind blown.