Poll: Car vs NYR

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs New York Rangers (11) - East Play In Round

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs New York Rangers (11) - East Play In Round

Carolina looks so good. (Echo...echo)

For the first goal they had the puck in the offensive zone for an extremely long time and just keep control of the puck while time.

Then the third goal Aho undressed the D man and backhand shelf. Beauty!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs New York Rangers (11) - East Play In Round

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This series or the Pittsburgh one I think is the most likely sweep. Canes in 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I just think the Canes are a much better team, and are fully healthy. Adding a Norris caliber defenceman to this team is pretty good.
    Didn't even need the Norris-caliber defenceman. It's almost like Carolina voted against this format for a reason.

Dobber Sports Icon

This was a perfect prediction for me. The better team prevailed and made quick work of the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This was a perfect prediction for me. The better team prevailed and made quick work of the Rangers.
    Yep, not a great offensive showing from the Rangers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

One has to wonder if this is the last time we see Lundqvist in a Rangers uniform?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    One has to wonder if this is the last time we see Lundqvist in a Rangers uniform?
    I believe if we don't see him in a Ranger's uniform we have a better chance of seeing him in the Rangers front office then we do in any other NHL teams uniform.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I believe if we don't see him in a Ranger's uniform we have a better chance of seeing him in the Rangers front office then we do in any other NHL teams uniform.
    I'm not so sure. I think he may think he has a few years left and want to chase a cup.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm not so sure. I think he may think he has a few years left and want to chase a cup.
    I thought there was reports at trade deadline that he didn’t want to be moved cause he wanted to finish his career in New York.

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Do people think Lundqvist is going to retire or that the Rangers are going to trade him or buy him out? I really can't see any of those 3 things happening.

Dobber Sports Deity

Do people think Lundqvist is going to retire or that the Rangers are going to trade him or buy him out? I really can't see any of those 3 things happening.
    Well first off, they cant trade him without his blessing. I dont see him getting traded to be honest mainly because I dont think anyone wants his contract, even if it's only for one year. There's better, cheaper options coming available for teams to look at. Their options are to talk him into retiring and taking an office job or a buyout could be an option as well.

Who knows how this will play out but they have made it clear that he is no longer their guy going forward. How he wants to accept that is up to him and the options placed in front of him this fall before next season starts.

Dobber Sports Titan

Buyout seems unlikely, so it would be retirement, play in NY as a backup, or accept a trade to a team of his choice. I think we see a trade with the Rangers keeping half his salary.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Icon

That's the most likely scenario but do either the Rangers or Lundqvist really want to tarnish his entire career as the face of the Rangers to let him be back up goalie on another team?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel like Lundqvist plays out his contract (only next year left on it) and retires a Ranger.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Buyout seems unlikely, so it would be retirement, play in NY as a backup, or accept a trade to a team of his choice. I think we see a trade with the Rangers keeping half his salary.
    Lundqvist has a high cap hit ($8.5 million), but won't be paid much. I think he is owed $5.5 million for next season, but $1 million of that has already been paid through a signing bonus. So he is only owed something like $4.5 million.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Lundqvist has a high cap hit ($8.5 million), but won't be paid much. I think he is owed $5.5 million for next season, but $1 million of that has already been paid through a signing bonus. So he is only owed something like $4.5 million.
    Well, that settles it. He ends up in Ottawa.