Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thoughts on this trade?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Thoughts on this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I didn't bother with Suter or Yandle because I assume they have no value in this format. There are no positional requirements, best 18 (F or D). If you can get a draft pick for either, then sure, do it. I just doubt anything is on the table. I'd be more curious what the trade value is for Fox. I'd much rather have prospect forwards. And I really don't think his value will increase over time, just the opposite.
    Yandle and Suter basically have no value. Even if they still had a year or two of over 50 points each, I've asked for a 5th for both and nobody even bothered.

As for Fox, what would your advice be? Should I simply put his name out and report back on what comes up? I won't make any offers, just put his name out there. If so, how should I word it? Haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Yandle and Suter basically have no value. Even if they still had a year or two of over 50 points each, I've asked for a 5th for both and nobody even bothered.

As for Fox, what would your advice be? Should I simply put his name out and report back on what comes up? I won't make any offers, just put his name out there. If so, how should I word it? Haha!
    I'd put Fox on the trade block, and I word it as: "I've finally committed to a proper, long-term rebuild, so FOX is on the BLOCK. (Suter and Yandle are potential top ups)."

Dobber Sports Padawan

The bait has been cast. Now we wait for a nibble!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gents, saw on another thread someone mentioned trading 1st for 2nd and 5th OA. Some were on board with potentially making that deal, some weren't. I'm not very interested in trading the 1st overall, but, would that be a trade to consider? I'm more than happy to keep that pick, just looking to see if you guys think it helps or hurts me. Thx!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Gents, saw on another thread someone mentioned trading 1st for 2nd and 5th OA. Some were on board with potentially making that deal, some weren't. I'm not very interested in trading the 1st overall, but, would that be a trade to consider? I'm more than happy to keep that pick, just looking to see if you guys think it helps or hurts me. Thx!
    It would be worth considering anyways. Probably best in your case to keep first overall.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I gave up drinking so giving up trades should be easy haha!
    Good on you to figure that out as a pain point. Literally my biggest issue when making bad trades :P Get a couple beers in, a manager who is keen on making a trade, and then they know to just keep me talking for a few hours until I do something stupid. Think you'll probably just find you'll make way less trades in general, because of all the garbage being thrown your way.

So with your minors system, guys like Matthews, Aho, Konecny, are all eligible to be stashed? Can you move them up and down? Or once they're up, they're no longer eligible?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Good on you to figure that out as a pain point. Literally my biggest issue when making bad trades :P Get a couple beers in, a manager who is keen on making a trade, and then they know to just keep me talking for a few hours until I do something stupid. Think you'll probably just find you'll make way less trades in general, because of all the garbage being thrown your way.

So with your minors system, guys like Matthews, Aho, Konecny, are all eligible to be stashed? Can you move them up and down? Or once they're up, they're no longer eligible?
    Rookies we draft automatically go on to our minors. We can then bring them up during the waiver draft right after the rookie draft. However, they can't be sent back down. Sorry, to be clear, we only draft rookies from their applicable draft year, so guys like Matthews and Aho are already on someone's team. The guys here know my poor track record on trades, so I've really tried to commit this year and only make deals based on their advice. Hence why I'm asking about this possible scenario. I'm definitely more than happy keeping that pick but figured I'd canvass the experts here and see what they thought.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rookies we draft automatically go on to our minors. We can then bring them up during the waiver draft right after the rookie draft. However, they can't be sent back down. Sorry, to be clear, we only draft rookies from their applicable draft year, so guys like Matthews and Aho are already on someone's team. The guys here know my poor track record on trades, so I've really tried to commit this year and only make deals based on their advice. Hence why I'm asking about this possible scenario. I'm definitely more than happy keeping that pick but figured I'd canvass the experts here and see what they thought.
    Yeah, I was just trying to get a handle on your league setup. So technically whoever drafted Matthews could keep them stashed until year 5 (not that they'd probably want to). Got it.

Personally, I'd be holding onto the 1st. I might actually prefer to have the 2nd/5th in a rebuild, but I feel like you can probably do a bit better. And either way, I'd wait until the last minute to drive up the price as much as possible, and also to wait out any unforeseen developments. Draft isn't until October, and as 2020 has proven over and over again, a lot can change in 2 months.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster