Poll: Who Will Win the 2020 Hart Trophy?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hart Trophy Nominees: Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Panarin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hart Trophy Nominees: Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Panarin

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Defense matters, for sure.
    Winning games trumps all... though.
    And I'd be super curious to know where Edmonton finishes without Draisaitl's year.
    I think they miss playoffs, they certainly miss top 4 qualification.
    Being outscored at even strength by the other team makes it harder to win games.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Being outscored at even strength by the other team makes it harder to win games.
    This is true.
    I certainly wouldn't vote for Draisaitl as the MVP of even-strength hockey!
    NB1. NB2.

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting to see that Draisaitl gets a fair amount of time killing penalties (62:04) vs MacKinnon (5:03) and Panarin (1:23). What do you know, he does play in all situations compared to other candidates, and where did the Oilers rank in PK for the season prior to the COVID break? Weren't they like the 2nd best PK team in the league at that time?? Ya, those things aren't important to the teams success either I guess. I get it, 62:04 isn't among the league leaders for PK TOI, but compared to others for the Hart, that's one of the best.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

For me, the fact that Draisaitl also won the Lindsay lends weight to the Hart decision. The players opinions on who they think who had the best season is pretty important to me and I'm sure to Leon.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket