Thread: New team

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default New team

I took over a new h2h points salary cap dynasty team.

I've got a couple of goalies on my minor league roster that I know nothing about. Trying to clean house, if needed.

Thoughts on their future and fantasy potential?

Jack LaFontaine abdnd Eetu Makiniemi

Both from Carolina.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: New team

Neither of them are even listed on DobberProspects, so I think there will be other goalies (or skaters for that matter) that will have better trade/name value and a better chance at having an impact in the near future.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Eetu Makiniemi I had heard of. Here's his Elite Prospects page:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...eetu-makiniemi

Here's LaFontaine:
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ack-lafontaine

I think LaFontaine is somewhat interesting, although that BCHL year when he was transferring between Big10 schools is odd, but he was good there. I'd definitely lean towards skater over unsigned goalies, but it might be a better thing to hold two from the same team, as it does increase your odds of getting at least a NHL backup.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Without knowing the size of your farms or what else is available, it's really difficult to answer. In really deep leagues, these goalies are worth somethings. In shallow leagues, they are worth nothing. I recall when Lafontaine was drafted, and his outlook was pretty decent at the time. Mind you, I haven't followed him closely. But if it's a really deep league, I'm not sure I'd be cutting prospect goalies, especially from Carolina.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I took Makiniemi 840th in a 24 team dynasty draft if that helps. Might have been a reach but goalie prospects were going like crazy