Thread: Rate my prospect grouping!!

The Great One

Default Rate my prospect grouping!!

Can hold skaters until 26 games played in the NHL. I love, love, love that Ive swapped high pick/name guys for late bloomers in bigger trades. Like Ill move player x plus a bokk or beggren for player y who is an upgrade and "take back" an Elvenes or a Chmelevski.

Would love notes on these guys or any opinions on them individually or as a group!

Sasha Chemelevski- My boy! PLayer comparable david pastrnak in the prospects guide? Ill take it!

Lucas Elvenes- Acclimated to the pros quite heandily becoming a top scorer in the AHL as a rookie! Not sure what part of his skill package shines the most but he seems to be putting it together in record time. LV could have a scary "kid line" next year with Glass, Elvenes- maybe Dugan?

Jack (Jonathon) Dugan- In his final year he put up a record setting 1st half in the NAA that rivalled Gudreaus output. Thats nice company- and factor in that he has an NHL ready body and plays a power game and thers likely upside from there.

Adam Bekman- A goal-scorers goal scorer and a prototypical late bloomer. An exciting part of Minnys rebuild. Could see him fitting like a glove with Fiala- maybe even Kaprizov!

Jason Robertson- Was scoring like gangbustersnbefore he addressed his skating but apparently hes addressed that too. With linemates and some gains in skating his scoring was meteoric. All he does is pile up points everywhere he goes.

Ty Smith- Not a late bloomer but happy t have him. Is he a for sure ppqb though?

Evan Bouchard- my favorite D prospect out of the bunch. Love his soggy ways :P

Thoughts? Good crop of late bloomers and beast moders!!??

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rate my prospect grouping!!

Chemelevski is never going to be Pastrnak. Player comparables are usually for styles and ratios of stat productions, but he has nowhere close to that ceiling. Second tier prospect and probably second line player at his ceiling.

The rest are solid and have some decent upside, but you don't have any blue chippers - though Bouchard is close.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

That's probably the best group of prospects I have ever seen on a fantasy hockey squad. (wait, is that what you are hoping to hear?)

I think 1 guy on that list has the potential to be a first line forward or a top pairing dman. Three more could be a 2nd liner or a 2nd pairing guy. The rest will be lucky to ever play consistently on a PP in the NHL

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Chemelevski is never going to be Pastrnak. Player comparables are usually for styles and ratios of stat productions, but he has nowhere close to that ceiling. Second tier prospect and probably second line player at his ceiling.

The rest are solid and have some decent upside, but you don't have any blue chippers - though Bouchard is close.
    FYI: If you are going off the dobber prospect report - Smith and Bouchard are listed as blue chippers. Dobber has been pumping Sasha and JR for a bit now - will be interesting to see how they pan out.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    FYI: If you are going off the dobber prospect report - Smith and Bouchard are listed as blue chippers. Dobber has been pumping Sasha and JR for a bit now - will be interesting to see how they pan out.
    Pumping someone and someone being the next Pastrnak are different things. Just trying to manage expectations.
    And fair enough on the prospect report blue chipper title. They know more than I do so I can defer to them, but I'm just thinking if I'm dealing a star and need a top prospect back in a deal, Smith or Bouchard wouldn't quite cut it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you hit homeruns on 2 prospects out of those that would be great, everyone that pans out after that is a bonus. There is potential for homeruns I pick Smith , Bouchard
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

Im calling 2 homeruns minimu and three 55+ point forewords (and lest be real- those are homeruns in a seep dynasty anyways. I think everyones having fun taking stabs at my enthusiasm (maybe? Im not sure actually)- but Im pretty proud- these are like the whose who of overachievers right now. Elvenes just tore the doors off the AHL... as a rookie. Thats not a peanuts league- thats the bigtime. Dugan recently came within one point of gudreaus long standing NCAA first half scoring title (borderline historic). Any list about breakout goalscorers coming up has Beckman inside the top 5 or higher.

Yes Im posting for feedback.

Its also a post to help the community- I got these guys almost for free outside of sasha in my leagues. Theure there, theyre blowing up at the exact right time, and theyre still relatively nder the radar. Cynicism is nice for the old ego but you know whats even better? Watching a 5th rounder turn into a 25 goal scorer in your farm system. No contest for me...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Emu,
    Love your enthusiasm. You do put up a lot of content/trades for folks to review/critique. Kind of like the kid who took 5 red bulls and is bouncing off the wall at a million miles per hour. You're an adrenaline junkie. I think you like trades for the sake of trades which is 100% ok. It might be hard for you to build a consistent winner with that approach but it's fantasy hockey and it's supposed to be fun. So keep having fun.
    When you put yourself out there like you do, expect some positive & negative comments... It's the nature of the beast. Don't take it personally.
    Moreover, given the lack of hockey news, it's fun to see your trades. Some are good and others you just have to shake your head at. Hope it works out for you. No one can predict the future so you may end up with the best team ever though I wouldn't bet on it

If I did have to bet, I'd bet on how many trades you make in a 30 day period. I think the over under would be at 16.5 trades/month. Also, I think you will turn 100% of your roster over at least 3.5 times in the run of a calendar year. Lol... I'm just giving you the gears. Enjoy what you do and keep your enthusiasm. We all need it given the crappy Covid situation.
    14 GM Roto Dynasty
    G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, FO%
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Main: 25 (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 6 Bench)
    C: Barkov, Malkin, Pageau
    W: Ovechkin, B.Tkachuk, Hall, Laine, Palmieri, Fabbri, Duclair, C. Brown
    C/W: Seguin, Schmaltz, Carter
    D: Burns, Heiskanen, Josi, Fowler, Pettersson, Schmidt, Grzelcyk, Gudas
    G: Price, Grubauer, Talbot

Minor: 25
    F: Hughes, Kakko, Zegras, Steel, Podkolzin, Hintz, Hayton, Puljujarvi, Chytil, Lind, Duggan, Thompson, Volkov, Pinto, Morozov, Beecher, Geekie
    D: Byram, Cholowski, Beaudin, Merkley, Roy
    G: Demko, Gustavsson, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Pumping someone and someone being the next Pastrnak are different things. Just trying to manage expectations.
    And fair enough on the prospect report blue chipper title. They know more than I do so I can defer to them, but I'm just thinking if I'm dealing a star and need a top prospect back in a deal, Smith or Bouchard wouldn't quite cut it.
    That's fair - you have your guys. We all do. Agree on your Pastrnak comment.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Smith and Bouchard are you two best prospects and the closest thing you have to sure things as far as fantasy relevence. Your forward prospects are ok but I dont see many top six guys there. For me, your best forward prospect forwards are Elvenes and Robertson but my expectations are relatively low for both. I know you are high on Sasha (I cant be bothered to scroll back to figure out how to spell his last name LOL!) but I dont share your enthusiasm for him. Different strokes for different folks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think Smith and Bouchard are you two best prospects and the closest thing you have to sure things as far as fantasy relevence. Your forward prospects are ok but I dont see many top six guys there. For me, your best forward prospect forwards are Elvenes and Robertson but my expectations are relatively low for both. I know you are high on Sasha (I cant be bothered to scroll back to figure out how to spell his last name LOL!) but I dont share your enthusiasm for him. Different strokes for different folks.
    Yea- and thats fair Im all good with that! I just traded Smith but I think he has a bright future as well! I dont want to post what I got- but it invoilved Heiskanen :P

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yea- and thats fair Im all good with that! I just traded Smith but I think he has a bright future as well! I dont want to post what I got- but it invoilved Heiskanen :P
    Heiskanen for Smith?? Wowza.. Do tell buddy!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..