Thread: Shalunov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Shalunov

Well, I have been in a holding pattern and waiting on Shalunov for years. Looks like it will be at least one more.

My question is, I have a very deep prospect bench, and can keep Shalunov there. At age 27, and now age 28 "if" he comes next year, is he worth stashing again for one more year in the hopes he comes over next year? Losing hope and patience, but do not want to give up if there is a chance he makes an impact next year.

Opinions?

If I dropped him, it would likely be for a low end prospect from 2020 or 2019. So, the question is........would it be worth it to stash him, or a very long shot youngster.

I would not have to drop anyone of worth per say. Just some insight, it would be keeping him over someone like Lockwood, Carlsson(CHI), Stillman, or the like. No one earth shattering.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Shalunov

Stillman is looking close to the NHL, and if you were going to drop him I would only do it for a guy closer to the NHL.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Chicago just went out and signed Chalupa and Suter. Tells me all I need to know about their desire to bring Shalunov over. You'd need him to be traded to another organization at this point.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Chicago just went out and signed Chalupa and Suter. Tells me all I need to know about their desire to bring Shalunov over. You'd need him to be traded to another organization at this point.
    Good point, but albeit it to a 2yr and 1yr ELC contract respectively. No bearing really on Shalunov contract next year should he want to be signed. Unless the parties are just that far apart. Interesting aspect though if they did reach out and he didn't want to sign or if they didn't reach out at all. But, if Chicago didn't reach out, I would think Shalunov would have signed more than a 1 year deal to stay in the KHL. Something tells me he still has the hope to come over.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Good point, but albeit it to a 2yr and 1yr ELC contract respectively. No bearing really on Shalunov contract next year should he want to be signed. Unless the parties are just that far apart. Interesting aspect though if they did reach out and he didn't want to sign or if they didn't reach out at all. But, if Chicago didn't reach out, I would think Shalunov would have signed more than a 1 year deal to stay in the KHL. Something tells me he still has the hope to come over.
    Shalunov's agent came out this week and said that they have been contacting Stan Bowman and that Stan has not been replying to them. They took that as a lack of Blackhawk interest, and signed for another year in the KHL.