Thread: Hanifin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hanifin

Hi all,

I need to find one or two more active D Men for my Hamilton side in signature for next season. I'm wondering if Hanifin is worth going for and if so what would you be willing to give up from my team for him (ideally not any defencemen).

He was considered the best D Man in his draft but obviously hasn't produced at a top level since, however, still relatively young could still come good... Thoughts?

Ideally not looking to use FA (best is Boychuk and Oleksiak) so looking to trade for a defencemen but everyone is being quiet difficult to negotiate with.

All details in the Hamilton Tigers link below (it's just a google document)
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Hanifin

Honestly, I don’t think your defense is that weak. I do like Hanifin, I own him in one of my leagues... BUT I don’t often sacrifice decent scoring offensive players for what might be your 5th D-man. And I fear you’d over-pay.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Honestly, I don’t think your defense is that weak. I do like Hanifin, I own him in one of my leagues... BUT I don’t often sacrifice decent scoring offensive players for what might be your 5th D-man. And I fear you’d over-pay.
    It's not so much about defence being week but I have 1 active defence spot that needs someone then I need a defencemen in the bench too. I'd be hoping to give up a prospect, the guy who is trading him is win now but has a very week prospect pool.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

The Great One

Its sounds like you need Hanifin more than he needs a prospect (in other words, I think you'll have to give up a really good prospect to get this deal done).

Administrator

I'd be patient and wait for someone to make a move and sell low for whatever reason. Hanifin is probably an overpay due to his age.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'd be patient and wait for someone to make a move and sell low for whatever reason. Hanifin is probably an overpay due to his age.
    Thanks folks, i'll stand pat, I think he might be dropped looking at this guys team eventually.