Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

I would think 60% is extremely high. I would be surprised if it was more than 10% use coke on a regular basis. By regular, I mean more than once a year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Its good for the NHL that there was only one sweep in this qualifying round.

And I think it is crazy and awesome that both #12 seeds are up on Pittsburgh and Edmonton. Chaos!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Is there an article explaining how and when they decide the game times for upcoming days? Or has anyone explained it on the broadcast that I missed? Seems like they announce it in the evening a couple of days ahead of time - so we still don't know the Saturday times but we should tonight, I think?

I know they are obviously shuffling it somewhat based on how many series are still on the go because they're all using the same two rinks. But are there other factors? I can't figure out or predict when teams are gonna play.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Is there an article explaining how and when they decide the game times for upcoming days? Or has anyone explained it on the broadcast that I missed? Seems like they announce it in the evening a couple of days ahead of time - so we still don't know the Saturday times but we should tonight, I think?

I know they are obviously shuffling it somewhat based on how many series are still on the go because they're all using the same two rinks. But are there other factors? I can't figure out or predict when teams are gonna play.
    I don't think it matters too much, does it?

I figure they have some algorithm going to try and sort out what will get them the best ratings which is why we're mostly seeing the Western most teams in later slots. No idea on the exact reasoning though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think it matters too much, does it?

I figure they have some algorithm going to try and sort out what will get them the best ratings which is why we're mostly seeing the Western most teams in later slots. No idea on the exact reasoning though.
    Except for this evening... they have Vancouver in the afternoon. But they have the potential elimination game as the later game. Potential elimination should result in higher ratings... but with Scheifele and Laine out.. I think this might backfire. I would rather watch Vancouver/Minnesota game three then a depleted Jets squad tonight.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya I grew up in a neighbouring city to Toronto, then went to school in another larger size city (Hamilton). So I was between Hamilton and Toronto my whole life. Coke is not hard to come by, and it's used pretty casually. One of the popular aspects of it is has no real hangover, so for NHLers who have money, young, watching what they eat (alcohol=empty calories), and need to be up moving the next day it's the perfect choice.

And nose swabs are used (video of players getting it in the nose), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of both. Also my GF for work has a company doing research with test results. They started with nose swabs but so many people dropped out of the study in the first 2 weeks due to the fact it's uncomfortable, they switched to throat/cheek swabbing. Wonder if in the NHL they have a similar thing where you can opt to a throat/cheek test?
    Don't forget about the vastly under used anal swabs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Don't forget about the vastly under used anal swabs.
    Is that the preferred option of a certain team or just some certain players?

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is that the preferred option of a certain team or just some certain players?
    Rumour has it that Edmonton requested it for the Flames team, but the NHL stepped in to poo poo the idea. Marchand is deserving of third most popular swab, but he keeps trying to lick the swab sticks before the test can be done. I'll stop now.

What a great day for hockey fans!

SIX straight potential elimination games. SIX!!

Islanders vs Panthers - I am selfish and want to see lots of game 5's so I think Florida wins this one.
    Predators vs Coyotes - See above. - Predators win.
    Pittsburgh vs Canadiens - I am not lucky enough to have Pittsburgh lose out to the Candiens so I predict that Pittsburgh wins.
    Oilers vs Blackhawks - I think Chicago finishes them off. Experience of Chicago and the extra pressure on the Oilers to win this one is too much.
    Leafs vs Blue Jackets - Doesn't Toronto always force a 7th and deciding game before losing out? Well this year they will force a 5th game.
    Canucks vs Wild - I want the Wild to win... but I can't truly expect that all the series go to 5 games... so I will say the Canucks here.

I had to pick some of the series to end today... as much as I want them all to go the full length. So my picks for series ending today are Chicago and Vancouver.

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

what a day.

only one series going to 5 games - hard to believe.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

So here are the scenarios...

Montreal plays the winner of Philly and TB
    Tor/CBJ plays the loser of Philly and TB

Carolina plays the loser of Was/Bos
    NYI plays the winner of Was/Bos

Chicago plays the winner of VGK/Col
    Arizona plays the loser of VGK/Col

Calgary plays the winner of StL/Dal
    Vancouver plays the loser of Stl/Dal

I think that's all correct....

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So here are the scenarios...

Montreal plays the winner of Philly and TB
    Tor/CBJ plays the loser of Philly and TB

Carolina plays the loser of Was/Bos
    NYI plays the winner of Was/Bos

Chicago plays the winner of VGK/Col
    Arizona plays the loser of VGK/Col

Calgary plays the winner of StL/Dal
    Vancouver plays the loser of Stl/Dal

I think that's all correct....
    I think that looks right.

I hope the Vegas/Colorado games doesn’t turn into the Badminton games like at the last Olympics.

If I am in either of their shoes I would much rather play Arizona then Chicago right now. Haha

​​

The Wolverine

Flames fan cheering for Dallas to win, as I'd rather play them over St. Louis.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Flames fan cheering for Dallas to win, as I'd rather play them over St. Louis.
    Definitely would be cheering for this as well. Also feel like it's a series we haven't seen in a long long time.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Truly galaxy brained scheduling by the NHL to make every team have a B2B. Nonsensical.