Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Anyone else having technical difficulties getting Sportsnet to work on Computer/Phone?
    No issues here at the moment except for my Rogers internet cutting out for a minute.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    No issues here at the moment except for my Rogers internet cutting out for a minute.
    And you are watching on Sportsnet? I can't get on on the phone or computer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

And you are watching on Sportsnet? I can't get on on the phone or computer.
    Sportsnet on my computer is all good. Maybe it's your provider with Sportsnet?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Sportsnet on my computer is all good. Maybe it's your provider with Sportsnet?
    It won't even let me get to the log in page to select my provider.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

It won't even let me get to the log in page to select my provider.
    Reset your internet maybe? 0-0 after the first anyways so you have 20 more minutes now of not missing anything.

Dobber Sports Icon

The game is working for me on NHL.com.

Dobber Sports Titan

Random thought, but I wonder how Kuznetsov's nose is holding up with its history plus the daily testing

Dobber Sports Titan

Random thought, but I wonder how Kuznetsov's nose is holding up with its history plus the daily testing
    Prolly the same with about 60% of the league.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Prolly the same with about 60% of the league.
    Do we really think it's 60%. I really wonder... 25% probably wouldn't surprise me too much, but 60% seems high.

Do we really think it's 60%. I really wonder... 25% probably wouldn't surprise me too much, but 60% seems high.
    I agree... 60% seems high.

I feel like the NHL has more 'goody two shoes' then we think.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nhl-p...league-opinion

Little article on it. I'm sure people have read it before though. But it does do a survey on players and 58% said NHL doesn't have a coke problem, 32% were unsure, 10% said there was an issue. That's not the stat we're looking for however.

I'd be surprised if it was 60%. I'd say 10-15% use it regularly though. Then the number of "partying users" would be something like 15-20% (like for the Halloween party, and like that).

And I'm talking in season too. I'm thinking offseason it's probably pretty freaking high. Before I turned 25, one of the most real world things I've learned is, coke is more apparent than I thought it would be when I was in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nhl-p...league-opinion

Little article on it. I'm sure people have read it before though. But it does do a survey on players and 58% said NHL doesn't have a coke problem, 32% were unsure, 10% said there was an issue. That's not the stat we're looking for however.

I'd be surprised if it was 60%. I'd say 10-15% use it regularly though. Then the number of "partying users" would be something like 15-20% (like for the Halloween party, and like that).

And I'm talking in season too. I'm thinking offseason it's probably pretty freaking high. Before I turned 25, one of the most real world things I've learned is, coke is more apparent than I thought it would be when I was in high school.
    Except for us country bumpkins out in the prairies... haha

​​

Also, do we know if the NHL is doing the nose swabs?? Or are they doing the throat swabs?

The PBR was doing the throat swabs as I think it was a faster turnaround time. They were testing riders on Thursday night before they could ride on Friday night. And they showed us testing some of the guys and they were sticking it in the mouth..

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Now that we have completely derailed this thread...

Yeah I do agree the numbers are probably different in season vs the offseason. I would believe 10-15% in season with about 30-35% as occasional users in the offseason.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, do we know if the NHL is doing the nose swabs?? Or are they doing the throat swabs?

The PBR was doing the throat swabs as I think it was a faster turnaround time. They were testing riders on Thursday night before they could ride on Friday night. And they showed us testing some of the guys and they were sticking it in the mouth..
    Most of the testing I have heard of was nose swab, especially in Canada, but that doesn't mean they aren't doing throat here for simplicity and if the turnaround is faster.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya I grew up in a neighbouring city to Toronto, then went to school in another larger size city (Hamilton). So I was between Hamilton and Toronto my whole life. Coke is not hard to come by, and it's used pretty casually. One of the popular aspects of it is has no real hangover, so for NHLers who have money, young, watching what they eat (alcohol=empty calories), and need to be up moving the next day it's the perfect choice.

And nose swabs are used (video of players getting it in the nose), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of both. Also my GF for work has a company doing research with test results. They started with nose swabs but so many people dropped out of the study in the first 2 weeks due to the fact it's uncomfortable, they switched to throat/cheek swabbing. Wonder if in the NHL they have a similar thing where you can opt to a throat/cheek test?