Thread: Ville Husso thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ville Husso thoughts?

Hey guys I own Ville Husso he is on my farm. Thoughts about him? I have a gm in my league who owns Binnington and is not offering much for him (3rd rounder in a prospect draft ( there are only 3 rounds every year in our prospect draft) or a b level prospect in return which is a player he would drop before the prospect draft because his farm is full) but I would rather keep him. He was once highly touted and I have lots of room on my farm. Do you guys think he can be a prominent contributor in the future? I have hope that he will and I have zero incentive to deal him at the moment.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Ville Husso thoughts?

Short-term he doesn't have a clear path to being a starter. He could easily find himself the back-up next season given that the Blues will need to move out Allen due to cap reasons. It's also possible (though unlikely) that he gets a shot with Seattle as well.

In terms of Husso vs a 3rd, it really depends on where that pick is exactly. Top 30 I'd do it. If its in the 31-40 range or so I'd think about it but probably still take it. 41+ I'd pass. I'd also shop him around first, he still has name value and you may be able to find someone offering more.

Dobber Sports Stud

Two years ago, if someone owned Jordan Binnington and asked whether anyone thought he had a shot?? Injuries happen. Goalkeepers are voodoo. And sometimes they get hot. If this was me, I’d want more than you’re being offered. Look over the other guy’s “minors” players, and aim higher. He wants Husso, you want _______. “3rd round pick” is NOT how I’d complete that sentence.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Jordan Binnington earned his opportunity. He played well in the AHL and when the opportunity came, he was ready. If Husso is ready, his shot will come too. I don't expect it to be in St Louis though. At least not for another year at best. Both Binner and Allen played awesome this past season. Binnington is the long term answer in St Louis. Hard to say what will happen with Allen once his contract is up. Maybe then Husso will find himself in the NHL in a support role for Binnington. That's the best I can foresee for Husso at this s point.

He's got to earn his spot and so far that hasn't happened. That being said, why rush it. Look how long it took Binnington.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Husso is still worth much more than a 3rd round pick. He will be a back up goalie in the NHL this season. Whether that's in St Louis or somewhere else remains to be seen as he is no longer waiver exempt. He was on fire to end his AHL year giving up only 8 goals in his last 8 games while stopping 186 out of 194 shots. He is also signed to a sweet deal at $750,000 for each of the next two years which would make it difficult for St Louis to get him through waivers if they are unable to move Allen this "summer".