Thread: Denisenko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Denisenko

He signed his ELC.

What are your expectations for him? his upside?

I'm curious to have your opinion on him.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Denisenko

He’s going to get every opportunity to crack the top 6. Very gifted player. I think he’s got point per game potential for sure. Just needs to take advantage of the opportunities given to him.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Deity

It will be interesting to see how they bring him a long. He's a right handed shooting LW and the top line spot is held by a pretty good LW in Huberdeau already, so it's not like he's earning that spot anytime soon. The other top six LW is Frank Vatrano or sometimes Brett Connolly.

I wont be surprised to see him start off in the bottom six and let him adjust to the speed and skill of the NHL game. He'll probably get some PP2 time as well but that's just a guess.

I am not expecting much out of the gate and I think Coach Q will let him come along at the right speed. None the less, if his skill forces Q's hand, I can see him moving up the lineup quickly. That will be up to Denisenko and how he adjusts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

What the Cats decide to do with Hoffman and Dadanov will go a long way in determining what we might expect from Denisenko in the near term. If Hoffman and Dadanov, or even just one of them part company with the Panthers, you have to think a significant piece of that decision would have been based on Denisenko's perceived ability to slide into the top 6 and contribute. The situation with the flat Cap also factors in and might mean we see Denisenko in a significant role sooner rather than later. Both Vatrano and Connolly are in the mix here as well, but if most experts are correct, Denisenko is clearly the more highly skilled player, and the cream should rise to the top. I believe Denisenko will have opportunity, what he does with it remains to be seen. I believe Denisenko does have PPG upside. In the near term, a 50 point rookie season would be nice with a steady progression in production from there until a breakout. That's what I see in my Crystal Ball (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

My expectations are that he spends a year in the AHL and then returns to Russia. I like to be realistic and this is Florida's prospect development track record.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Agree w/others.
    It's hard to say given Florida having three UFAs to decide on.
    If Hoffman & Dadonov are re-signed, then there is a significant wait (3+ years) before we see GD in a full-time roll.
    If both of those and Haula are left to walk, then we could see Denisenko earlier.
    I agree w/Chuck - a year in the AHL is best... and then it could be a return to Russia since a lot of these kids get inpatient about "development" and want to play in a "highest league" (KHL).

He'll be solid... but most prospects drafted beyond the top 3 or 4 usually need another 3+ years post-draft to develop... Denisenko fits this group.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Denisenko seems super skilled and I think eventually gets to the top 6 but for me the wait time is hard to peg.

The Cats have been brutal at developing talent and maybe he’s another casualty of that. Who knows

A lot depends on who signs or walks out of Dadonov and Hoffman. My guess is the goal scoring Hoffman maybe gets the bigger pay day elsewhere but who knows.
    Maybe they both stay or go.

As someone mentioned, Vatrano and Connolly are still there and I believe they like Vatrano.

One thing that rarely gets brought up and that I usually talk about when I see Florida questions or comments. Yes they’ve failed a lot of players but one guy who seems like he’s rolling along nicely. Owen Tippett.

Great year last year in AHL. He’s a trigger man, which would seems to fit with Barkov and Huberdeau and plays RW. He is much further along development wise. I think he’s the guy who steps in sooner rather than later. He looks like a pure replacement for Hoffman

I think Denisenkos talent will eventually win out and he can be Point per game or better. I just really have no idea how things shake out in Florida over the next couple of years.

Dobber Sports Rookie

If he's lucky, he'll be a middle six forward with middle six production his first few years. He'll get chances to prove himself given his pedigree but unless he goes on an absolute tear early on, the Cats suffer a lot of injuries or major roster turnover, he's likely 2+ years away from being fantasy relevant. And that's once he actually makes an NHL lineup.
    All that to say, he's a good prospect but not a sure thing and that's not counting people in front of him. From a fantasy perspective, I'd give him a 5% chance of being a star, 30% chance of being very good, 45% chance of being useful and, if my math is correct, 20% of being a bust (at least in the NHL).

Cats might want to be patient with him but given he can go back to the KHL if it doesn't work for him quickly on this side of the pond, it doesn't give him much of a window to achieve success in the NHL. I wouldn't bet the farm on him... Maybe a pig, a cow and 4 chickens but not much more
    14 GM Roto Dynasty
    G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, FO%
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Main: 25 (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 6 Bench)
    C: Barkov, Malkin, Pageau
    W: Ovechkin, B.Tkachuk, Hall, Laine, Palmieri, Fabbri, Duclair, C. Brown
    C/W: Seguin, Schmaltz, Carter
    D: Burns, Heiskanen, Josi, Fowler, Pettersson, Schmidt, Grzelcyk, Gudas
    G: Price, Grubauer, Talbot

Minor: 25
    F: Hughes, Kakko, Zegras, Steel, Podkolzin, Hintz, Hayton, Puljujarvi, Chytil, Lind, Duggan, Thompson, Volkov, Pinto, Morozov, Beecher, Geekie
    D: Byram, Cholowski, Beaudin, Merkley, Roy
    G: Demko, Gustavsson, Sogaard