Thread: Couture for Hayes+Vatrano

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Couture for Hayes+Vatrano

Hey guys I own Couture and was offered Hayes+Vatrano. If I were to accept this deal I would most likely drop Brady Skej before the season if no one is on Injured reserve (4 empty spots). In our league older players have very little value as the vast majority of gms here are obsessed with owning young players. Should I keep Couture who I think has a solid bounce back or make the deal? Couture's value will only go down in this pool as he gets older.Thoughts?

28 man roster:
    F: Teravainen, Dubois, Forsberg, Palmieri, Horvat, O'Reilly, Schmaltz, Drouin, Trocheck, Kadri, Kreider, Hoffman, Lee, Couture, Skinner, Roslovic
    D: Fox, Ellis, Pulock, Ekblad, Girard, Fowler, Faulk, Skej
    G: Blackwood, Grubauer, Lehner, Korpisalo

Points: 3 points for a goal, 2 for an assist, 1 point for plus minus, 1 point for pp and sh points, .1 shots on net, .1 hits. Goalies 4 points for a win, -2 points for a loss, -1 point goals against, .1 points for saves.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Couture for Hayes+Vatrano

I don't think this is close. Couture side even before factoring in the second player on that side (Skjei or other).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Thanks for the response Eskimo I agree.

Dobber Sports Superstar

on paper right now Couture is the better side but you need to somehow wait until free agency is over because Vatrano's value relies solely on how many players vacate the Panther's top six to go elsewhere. He is first in line to fill the likes of Hoffman's role if they all bounce. If Dadonov and Hoff stay then he is not worth the deal but if both left he becomes that much more viable.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First, I'm not sure where Couture is bouncing back from, unless you mean from missing games, he was on a 60+ point pace. He's better than Hayes, but Vatrano is much better than Skjei. If spots open up in the top 6, he gets a bump as well.

I look at this as two likely 50 point guys for a 60-70 point guy. How many do you start at each spot?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

12 forwards start and 6 d..2 goalies buddy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Okay, so forwards aren't split out.

I sort of like it, but I also feel like you need to move a forward for a D upgrade. Kind of conflicted on this one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio1975 View Post
    Hey guys I own Couture and was offered Hayes+Vatrano. If I were to accept this deal I would most likely drop Brady Skej before the season if no one is on Injured reserve (4 empty spots). In our league older players have very little value as the vast majority of gms here are obsessed with owning young players. Should I keep Couture who I think has a solid bounce back or make the deal? Couture's value will only go down in this pool as he gets older.Thoughts?

28 man roster:
    F: Teravainen, Dubois, Forsberg, Palmieri, Horvat, O'Reilly, Schmaltz, Drouin, Trocheck, Kadri, Kreider, Hoffman, Lee, Couture, Skinner, Roslovic
    D: Fox, Ellis, Pulock, Ekblad, Girard, Fowler, Faulk, Skej
    G: Blackwood, Grubauer, Lehner, Korpisalo

Points: 3 points for a goal, 2 for an assist, 1 point for plus minus, 1 point for pp and sh points, .1 shots on net, .1 hits. Goalies 4 points for a win, -2 points for a loss, -1 point goals against, .1 points for saves.

Just like 95% of every other fantasy league LOL!

I'd keep Couture here. As I mentioned in the Denisenko thread earlier, I think there's a good chance Denisenko could eventually end up bumping Vatrano out of that top six in Florida so I am tentative on owning Vatrano at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."