Thread: Trade Question

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Question

In a 16 team dynasty type league so we keep the same rosters every year/have drafts.
    Someone offered us 4 different trade scenarios.

1. Ryan Nugent Hopkins, for Trevor Zegras and a 1st round pick this year. We didn't do the best on faceoffs this season/ a lot of other categories but was wondering if Hopkins is worth it if it meant getting rid of Zegras. RNH is one of the higher-rated players in our league based on the categories (top 30) I listed below. Also have a couple of first round picks they're more-so closer to the bottom of the first round.

2. Alex Forementon/Zegras for RNH

3. Ryan Merkley/Zegras for RNH

4. Two First Round picks this year and a third for RNH/Marleau

Positions: 3C, 3LW/3RW, 2F, 5D, 2 Utility, 7 reserves, and 14 players in the minors, also can have up to 5 goalies. Couple IR spots as well
    The team isn't one of the better ones in the league and we use a lot of different categories which include: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, fights, SOG, PPP, hits, blocks, takeaways, faceoffs won, and time on ice.

We get to sign players to 2 contracts after their rookie deals as well can also drop players that earn a certain salary or are two ways marleau fits that category i think

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Trade Question

I would go with option 3. RNH is a top 30 player in your league and that's not going to change for at least another year and probably 2 or 3 more years. I don't think Merkley is worth a top 16 pick anymore but I have never thought he was that valuable anyway.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would go with option 3. RNH is a top 30 player in your league and that's not going to change for at least another year and probably 2 or 3 more years. I don't think Merkley is worth a top 16 pick anymore but I have never thought he was that valuable anyway.
    Welcome to the forums!
    I agree with going options 3.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Think it's worth giving up Zegras too? I know he's good but do you think he'd be good enough that we'd regret trading him? It might be a few years before he gets to be an nhl regular too. Also wanted to add my team is in rebuild

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by splynch View Post
    Think it's worth giving up Zegras too? I know he's good but do you think he'd be good enough that we'd regret trading him? It might be a few years before he gets to be an nhl regular too
    That's the price you pay for production now. Zegres probably isn't going to be over a point per game player, so at his peak he's the same as Nuge. You're paying a decent but not a top prospect in order for the current production and security of Nuge's production. I would say it's a win.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

yeah that makes sense thanks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also like option 3. While Zegras looks good, RNH is good.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

I just want to point out, after reading your OP, RNH is not going to give you a big bump in FOs. He's basically a winger now so if trying to improve your faceoffs is a big reason for making this trade for RNH, you will be disappointed. He's going to produce offensively, but not in the faceoff dot.

That being said, if you are ok with that, definitely #3 for me too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."