Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Landeskog or Vrana

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Landeskog or Vrana

Hi guys,

I want your take on this one. An offer just came in, my Landeskog for his Vrana and a 2nd round pick. I'll probably turn down this trade, but I was curious to post it here and see what you guys think. (All the info in my sig.)
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Landeskog or Vrana

I like Landeskog more than Vrana. Can't comment on how much a 2nd improves their offer or not; based on my estimation it's still probably not enough. Landeskog is a better player now, has a better track record, has a bigger role on his team and honestly probably has a bit more upside too.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

Keep Landeskog.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Exactly what pick is that 2nd rounder, and is it only the 2020 draft, or everyone not on a roster?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pick wouldn’t matter to me. I’d keep Landy. Avs are poised to just keep getting better and better. I want a piece of that with their Captain.

Dobber Sports Deity

Landeskog doesn't hold the same value in a points only format vs a multicat format, but I still prefer him here. I dont think a 2nd round pick would tempt me enough to make me want to pull the trigger here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Your points only format makes this closer. But not close enough. It would help to know what value that 2nd round pick might have but I suspect it is clearly not enough. Does the other GM have a first round pick? If he does and it's middle of the pack or better, that might change my mind. How bad does he want Landy? If his first is decent, ask for it, if he doesn't like that, walk.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

I like Landeskog here.

Dobber Sports Genius

Lando .81 ppg last year versus Vrana .75 ppg (over more games however) who only achieved some status on the first power play later in the year. I'm a fan of Vrana and he hasn't peaked yet. Lando's last full season was in 2014-15. He's burned me on a few occasions.

For me it depends on the 2nd rd pick and who's available. It's one I would give some thought to.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ace

I love Vrana, and all the metrics point to him being a terrific player. HOWEVER, until he's a PP1 lock, I don't think he can be counted on to outscore Landeskog. That Colorado PP is lethal, and with all their cap space, I think that they'll be adding a couple other weapons to their team this off-season. Landeskog for me here, but I buy the argument that it's close.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the feedback! This is still an ongoing affair as my trading foe just offered his first pick (10th overall) alongside Vrana. Everyone not on a roster is eligible for the upcoming draft, but only three names stand out from previous years, so I could probably nab a top-7 rookie with the pick. I must say this is getting interesting. On the other hand, I'm definetely a contender for the 20-21 season, so the question is what will be the difference in terms of production between these two players? I'd say approximately 10 points, which is not that bad. But will it be the difference maker at the end of the season. To be honest, I don't know. It could be close! What do you guys think?
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't think he makes this offer in Feb 2021.

Landy's at peak value - Vrana is still increasing

Based on feedback above - There's an opportunity to get a bigger bump in this deal than a 2nd pick.

My strategy would be to add a player from the bottom five of your roster say 16-18th best and ask for a player that would be in your 12-14th best range. It seems like a small add-on, but increases the overall depth of your team on top of the pick asset
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

You have a tough decision to make here but perhaps we can help put some context in place that might help. This is fairly simple, you say you are a contender. You need to really examine that carefully and make your decision based on that. If you have as good or better a chance to win your league as anyone else you definitely stick with the team you have. If there is some uncertainty as to how strong your team actually is, then making this move becomes more of a possibility. If you are looking strong for a money spot, not necessarily a championship, and getting into the money is your goal, then you should likely stick with what you have. If you are not happy with a 2nd or 3rd place finish, or perhaps worse, then doing this deal makes a lot more sense because I believe your team will be stronger the following year and beyond as a result. A lot of guys are content to strive for a money spot and make decisions based on that, while others are of the "if you don't finish first you finish last" type of mentality and make decisions accordingly, typically building for the next season. Which side of the fence are you on? That's the million dollar question (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

I guess it depends on who you like more. Personally, I'd do the deal and look to make up that 10 points in another deal or from bench players. You do have Hughes on the bench who's ready to step in. Give Vrana another year or two to reach his potential. I might use the pick to address your aging D core. Could you land Drysdale with that pick? The first is a very nice add on here to the deal and it gives you some options to play with.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you can get a first, I'd do that deal.

I strongly suspect you could get something good for that first just before the draft, if you were inclined to deal it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.