Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Landeskog or Vrana

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Landeskog or Vrana

What would the 10th overall net you if you were to move that separately for a win-now upgrade?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm with many here in that you should try to upgrade the pick (maybe do pick swap if he doesn't have many options)... In points only, I really don't mind losing Landy for Vrana+. Multicat is where Landy becomes gold.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer Landeskog especially for a team trying to compete this season. If you can get a better pick and use that plus Vrana to get an upgrade on Landeskog, then that makes sense. Barring that, I would stick with Landeskog.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think I'd take Vrana + 10th OA

Landeskog has been practicing on the 2nd line lately and I could see that sticking if they want to diversify their offense or if they add another top 6 forward in the offseason.

Also, most power forwards are drastically slowing down around their 30's, his value could change in a heartbeat (Simmonds, Benn, ...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    I think I'd take Vrana + 10th OA

Landeskog has been practicing on the 2nd line lately and I could see that sticking if they want to diversify their offense or if they add another top 6 forward in the offseason.

Also, most power forwards are drastically slowing down around their 30's, his value could change in a heartbeat (Simmonds, Benn, ...)
    I don't disagree that it could end up being decent value, however if I'm trading Landeskog right now I'm selling him on his upside. His name and production over the last few years should net you a better asset on top of Vrana than the 10th overall, or a third solid asset on top of both.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't disagree that it could end up being decent value, however if I'm trading Landeskog right now I'm selling him on his upside. His name and production over the last few years should net you a better asset on top of Vrana than the 10th overall, or a third solid asset on top of both.
    I'd agree on that in a multicat format, but in a points only format I think it's really fair

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    I'd agree on that in a multicat format, but in a points only format I think it's really fair
    I think the name value and the MacKinnon factor can still net you a little more. With the additional sour taste in the Vrana owner's mouth just because he hasn't gotten the PP or top line opportunities to really shine (Ehlers lite).

Dobber Sports Icon

I agree with EB. Landeskog's name value should have him as much more valuable than Vrana.