Thread: Too much for Boeser?

The Great One

Default Too much for Boeser?

Ty Smith, Labanc and a 1st (16th- this years entry draft)
    for boeser

Team in sig. I love the idea of adding another marquis forward. Also love the idea he could be traded somewhere silly...

Thoughts?

I actually feel like its an overpay. My team needs work- and Im not in a rush to compete. Waiting for those assets to pan out is no problem. I dont believe Im a contender this year...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Too much for Boeser?

I wouldn't pay that, but maybe that's just me
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm a die hard nuckz fan...and I think that's a tad too much

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The question is not whether it's an overpay. It's whether the other guy would take it.

Labanc bet on himself this year and stunk the place out.

Ty Smith is a few years away, possibly.

What are you looking at for a 16th overall pick. Is that rookies only or does that include players not chosen in this year's draft.

Are you gonna get a Boeser type player.

If you could do it it will improve your team so why not.

If he will. Do it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I am not a huge fan of Labanc, especially in leagues that weight goals more. I really like Ty Smith, but agree that he is 2-3 years away from being fantasy relevant. Boeser would easily be the best player in this deal in my opinion. Is there any way of getting a pick back in the deal?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's fine, since you are giving up maybes. Boeser has some issues, but they are less than Labanc, Smith, and an unknown prospect.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think it's an overpay but I am also not sure I'd bother with Boeser. He's been a injury issue for many fantasy GMs since arriving in the league. He's one of those players I would love to see stay healthy, but I am also willing to let other GMs bet on his health. He's a guy I tend to avoid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think it's an overpay but I am also not sure I'd bother with Boeser. He's been a injury issue for many fantasy GMs since arriving in the league. He's one of those players I would love to see stay healthy, but I am also willing to let other GMs bet on his health. He's a guy I tend to avoid.
    I was about to type the exact same thing Axeman did. So I’ll simply agree. You don’t want or need the headache IMO.

The Great One

Im a big vrana fan- would you guys do this package for vrana? My thinking is that I should offer this package for vrana forst and if it doesnt stick trade for boeser and make a play at vrana with BB...

The Great One

I just think- Im not contending so:

- Ty Smith could be a 35-40 point dman by next year realistically and then 45 to franchise pretty quickly after that.

- A 1st is right bout what Boeser is- ould get a guy whose comparable in 3 years.

- LaBanc is shooting a TON more and a 2.5 sog/game (200ish) 30/30 guy is nothing to shake a stick at. In fact that may be exactly what BB is. The only upside I see is a)in name value- and its a lot and b) in terms of timeline which is not an issue for me.

Am I crazy?? I mean dang- they apparwntly sopping Boester already- hes not even a key part of his own team- lol! And I know, I know- te arguments FOR trading Boeser irl make complete sense- Im just sayin...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i would make that move for boeser in a second, what are you really giving up? Ty smith? not sure Ruff likes offensive dman all that much, Labanc? well he stunk it up , a 16th overall pick? when you get that deep its a crap shoot.... Boeser is on an up and coming team , will be on the PP with EP and Hughes, i think this is a fairly cheap price for boeser.... if Injuries worry you, take him and when he gets hot flip him.

Dobber Sports Superstar

you should wait until free agency is over to make as many deals as you've been peddling.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think it's a pretty fair deal. I don't like giving up Smith but that is all you are really giving up (as Boeser is an upgrade for sure on Labanc). Would the guy take this?

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.