Thread: Grzelcyk vs Severson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Grzelcyk vs Severson

League in sig

Grzelcyk
    From comments yesterday it sounds like Krug is moving on from Boston for certain thanks to the flat cap. We saw last year when Krug was out that the PP1 reigns got passed to Grzelcyk over McAvoy. If that continues to next season, Grzelcyk has an opportunity to quarterback one of the best pp units in the league. On the other hand, he is an rfa (should still be cheaper than Severson, but there is a risk) and his peripherals are fairly lacking and he didn't put up great offensive numbers last year either. If he loses that pp1 spot, there's nothing for him to fall back on.

Severson
    Has a similar pp opportunity this next season with Vatanen gone. Severson put up similar ppp/60 on the 2nd unit as Vatanen did on the first. However, Severson has more competition for that top unit spot between Subban, Butcher and possibly Ty Smith. And worst case scenario he can effectively run the pp2 unit and has ok peripherals and even strength production as a safeguard.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Grzelcyk vs Severson

I would take Severson over Grzelcyk simply because he's going to play more. He should be better in SHP, SOG, hits, blocks. I don't think either of them run PP1 next year nor do I think either of them get to 35 points.

The main reason Gzelcyk replaced Krug on PP1 while Krug was injured was because Grzelcyk and Krug both shoot the same way. The PP was designed and practised all season with a left hand shot at the top. If Krug does not re-sign in Boston (I think he will actually re-sign there but that's beside the point), the Bruins will know that they don't have Krug to run the PP. They will get to practice with their best dman running it. Their best dman is Charlie McAvoy. He will get the PP1 if Krug is not there.

Without PP1 Grzelcyk is a 25 point dman with limited peripherals. Severson is about a 30 point guy with better peripherals so he's the smart choice.

Dobber Sports Superstar

both are murky so I would go after the booming slapshot in Severson.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I would take Severson over Grzelcyk simply because he's going to play more. He should be better in SHP, SOG, hits, blocks. I don't think either of them run PP1 next year nor do I think either of them get to 35 points.

The main reason Gzelcyk replaced Krug on PP1 while Krug was injured was because Grzelcyk and Krug both shoot the same way. The PP was designed and practised all season with a left hand shot at the top. If Krug does not re-sign in Boston (I think he will actually re-sign there but that's beside the point), the Bruins will know that they don't have Krug to run the PP. They will get to practice with their best dman running it. Their best dman is Charlie McAvoy. He will get the PP1 if Krug is not there.

Without PP1 Grzelcyk is a 25 point dman with limited peripherals. Severson is about a 30 point guy with better peripherals so he's the smart choice.
    This IMO hits the mark bang on!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf