Thread: Kirill Kaprizov Signing value?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Kirill Kaprizov Signing value?

Specifically for points only league, How high would you draft him? Are we talking if Lafreniere goes, is he the guy you want at 2?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Kirill Kaprizov Signing value?

Is it just him and the 2020 draftees? Are you looking to compete starting next year? How big are the rosters and is there a minors slot, etc?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Assuming it's Kap and the 2020 class, I'd take him in the top 3 without hesitation. Not sure exactly where but I can see a case for any of Laf, Byfield and Kap in any order depending on your league and set up.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Initiate

I always find it fascinating when looking at how much buzz the junior draft creates in terms of value for the players...I am a firm believer that the team that selects these players plays a major factor in establishing their fantasy value...We can all agree that Lafreniere and Byfield look to be excellent prospects, but the teams that ultimately select them, and the role they will play, the development timeline, an opportunity given. All of that will range from team to team, and I haven't even mentioned how important age, and maturity really is when establishing value.

Lafreniere is the undisputed 1st overall pick in the 2020 Draft, but he is 9 months older than Byfeld, who is still 17 until August 19th. He is said to have the higher ceiling, but thats the gamble, not only for us Fantasy GM's, but for the real life GM's who will almost always take the safer pick. I am not suggesting Lafreniere is not the real deal, I think he will be very good, and most likely going to be taken by a team that is already a playoff team, or very close, and will pay more immediate dividends because of it.

All that said, and I apologize for being so long winded, I really like Kaprizov, and the fact that he is already 23, I think he will explode onto the scene, and make an immediate impact for the Wild, who are turning over that aging roster nicely...although too many bad contracts will slow things down for Guerin and Co.

So, depending on what team chooses Lafreniere, I most likely go Kaprizov, Lafreniere, and Byfield. If you can afford to stash Byfield and watch him grow, maybe you can flip flop him with 2nd.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy