Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Four trades!!

The Great One

Default Four trades!!

So just took over a team and made three trades (2 of them pretty massive).

Scoring is- G3, A2, ST+1 and then Pim, hit and block all worth .01.

The team has good assets but is shallow and there are a lot of droppable players before the season starts to get to 4 bench guys.

My Fox, Girard, White, and Blackwood
    for
    Kase, Garland, Krug, Raanta, a 3rd
    * I love adding some offensive upside in Kase and Garland. As much as I like Fox- Krug is already there and at 29 hes not an old timer or anything. Young D are a strength- Ive still got BB and Ty Smith who I have resolved basically just not to trade. I dont trust Blackwood a ton but Ive been wrong on goalies before. I gave a lot here but I think I got my team closer to contention- Krug becomes my best d man I think.

My Kneny and Nick Merkley
    For
    Bjorkstarnd, Chmelsvski, Milano and a 3rd
    Konecny is a stud but Bjorkstrand has the upside to be as good or better I think. Addint the other assets was just trying to get some value for moving the player whose better now. Honestly I was gonna pull the trigger on this early. The rest are just darts at a dartboard- we'll see :P

My Jason Robertson and Bokk
    for Gusev
    * Im a big goose fan in every league and Ive literally got holes on my roster. Adding a guy for prospects is totally feasible- but dang if that aint a ton of upside to givbe up!!

My 3rd
    for ferlland
    *As above- I can gamble on a 50 point season from ferland over Koivu, Faksa, Scissons, etc.

Thoughts? Wll post the whole team in a sec. Its a lot of upside- AM34, Kaprizov, Byram, Ty Smith, Lebanc (likely trade)

12F, 6D, 2G

F- Matthews, Bjorkstrand, Gusev, Kase, Garland, Hughes, Kase, Ferland, Coleman, Connolly, Neal, Labanc
    D-Krug, Hronek, Gudas, Graves, Toews, Borowiecki
    G- Binnington, Korpisalo
    B-Raanta, Dell, Roslovic, Lindblom, Milano (need to drop one)
    Prospects- Kaprizov, Ty Smith, Byram, Chmelvski, Beggren, Point, Montembault

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Four trades!!

Don't like trade 1,2,4. Like the Gusev trade. Just my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like trade 3 & 4, can't say the same for 1 and 2. Still, I'm not a trade guru
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Wizard

non of those trades are massive, i dont like any of them for you and definitely dont like trade 1...

Trade 3 is the closest but i really like upside of Jason Robertson....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like the Gusev trade, sucks to lose robertson as he has a lot of upside. But Goose was on a pace for 55 points in his 1st year in North America and NJ can only get better

The other trades i don't like

Dobber Sports Padawan

Trade 1: Kase and Raanta will probably combine for half a season lost to injuries.

Trade 2: I think the gamble is ok taking Bjorkstrand so in my opinion, not a bad trade. Risky but possibly good payout.

Trade 3: Like this one very much. Gusev started slow but really kicked it up a notch towards the end of the year.

Trade 4: If Ferland stays healthy, think this could be decent.

I'm not a trade expert, so this is simply my opinion and I could be way out to lunch.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Like the Gusev trade, don't completely hate the first trade, Krug stays healthy great. Kase, & Garland have some up side and depth. Your right on trade 3 if one of the prospects pan out then is okay. Trade 4 probably good gamble, as how valuable is a 3rd rounder.

I might have tried for a bigger splash and tried to move Konecny & Fox in 1 deal.
    Overall, think you added some more solid depth. Gusev might be a steal.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

Thanks guys- appreciate the solid feedback. I know no one likes giving up youth but Krug is a top ten dman and only 29- lots of time there imho. In any case I asked for some feedback and I got it- so I appreciate the comments. Much happier with my roster today then I was. Losing Girard and Fox hurts but Ive got Ty Smith, Hronek, Bowen Byram and Devon Toews still- so this team was never hurting for d prospects. Im a big Bjorkstrand and Gusev fan- so Im glad I got my guys there. Time will tell on the rest I guess. Rep coming!

Dobber Sports Superstar

1) onboard over all though Blackwood may morph into a legit keeper alas I like adding Krug despite loss of Fox. Hronek is a gem and Toews taking that PP1 spot because of handedness lending it's hand to Isles setup in comparison to Pulock.

2) all depends on Oliver proving he can be healthy and play out a full season. You dealt a very consistent asset for what is still an up and down one but I also believe in Oliver's star capability.

3) Best deal, Gusev was figuring it out in the second half and I like his game.

4) He got a 4 year deal so he is going to play, hopefully top six can be cracked somehow with Horvat.

Dump Milano or Dell, perhaps promote Montembault in place.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Thanks guys- appreciate the solid feedback. I know no one likes giving up youth but Krug is a top ten dman and only 29- lots of time there imho. In any case I asked for some feedback and I got it- so I appreciate the comments. Much happier with my roster today then I was. Losing Girard and Fox hurts but Ive got Ty Smith, Hronek, Bowen Byram and Devon Toews still- so this team was never hurting for d prospects. Im a big Bjorkstrand and Gusev fan- so Im glad I got my guys there. Time will tell on the rest I guess. Rep coming!
    i dont think anybody is arguing with addition of Krug..its solid grab but rest of this deal is not really...kase and garland are just guys and you lost blackwood and gained raanta which is big downgrade imo mostly due to health issues but they are so consistent that need to be considered.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i dont think anybody is arguing with addition of Krug..its solid grab but rest of this deal is not really...kase and garland are just guys and you lost blackwood and gained raanta which is big downgrade imo mostly due to health issues but they are so consistent that need to be considered.
    Not to mention, Girard and Fox weren't prospects. They were solid up and coming NHL Dmen on their own regard barely scratching the surface. Thats the biggest reason I didnt like it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't like the first deal - You are giving up 2 NHL dmen for 1 while also moving a starting goalie for a back up and Kase was given away for nothing from the Ducks that should tell you something of his value

I love the 2nd deal - Bjorkstrand should be better than Konecny and both Chmelevski and Milano are going to be better than Merkley.

I love the 3rd deal - Gusev is a top 6 forward in New Jersey while Robertson might be ok but Bokk is buried behind a lot of talent in Carolina

I don't like the 4th deal - I love what Ferland used to be and should have become but he's probably done with his history of concussions. He's once again unfit to practice in Vancouver right now.

The Great One

I added Vasilevskiy, Horvat and Elvenes for Binnington, Kaprizov and Byram

Then I flipped Horvat and Korpisalo for Bobrovsky.

My goalies went from a league worst to Vasy, Bobo- with Dell and Raata on the bench. Trying to flip Dell for a forward.

Dobber Sports Deity

Those are two expensive goalies in a cap league. Here's hoping Bobrovsky can bounce back.

The Great One

Not a cap league Axe- new dynasty but no slary cap. Still need a bounceback but contract not an issue. Quite the swing in quality ythough eh??