Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Overall Pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 2nd Overall Pick

Hey folks,

Close to the deadline I traded another GM for my pick back and it ended at 2nd overall

The rookies available in our league will be ones that played their first NHL game last season (so, Makar, Kakko, Hughes etc)

Some good players
    Now, one thing that puts a wrench in my decision is that we had a couple of GMs leave, which means their players who are on contract, or protected become part of our draft

So there are a couple of players that will be available to me, which so believe I would take over any rookie)

Pastrnak - $6m (can sign for 3 years)
    Aho - 925k (1 more year) then 8.5m - can have him much longer because of his age
    Gerogiev - 725k - I think lowest on the list

I have Necas so Ago might be a great option, but wondering what your thoughts are

Thanks
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2nd Overall Pick

I guess it depends on who goes 1st overall but if Pastrnak is there for you at 2, he's my pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Pasta would be great, but that year of rookie deal cost on Aho is definitely enticing!

I think I would still go Pasta though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah

I think either would be good.

I will have to do a cost analysis to see if the extra 5m in first year could land me something significant to accompany Ago.
    Or Pasta does look to be the better option

Thanks

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm not sure how Pastrnak doesn't go 1st overall.. If he does, you have Aho as a beauty consolation prize!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Pasta first. 2nd I might go Lafreniere if Aho's 8.5 million will be a problem next year, 3 years at a great cap hit.

Dobber Sports Ace

Looking at your roster, you need to improve your forwards more so than you do with your defense. This means that I'm taking Pasta, and if he's not gone first overall, then Aho.

If you drafted Makar or Hughes, you would get two ELC years from them, right? Would that be enticing enough for one of the other teams in your league, for them to trade you for that pick? Essentially, would another owner with loaded forwards trade you a forward who is better than Aho for that second overall pick (Makar/Hughes)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Pasta first. 2nd I might go Lafreniere if Aho's 8.5 million will be a problem next year, 3 years at a great cap hit.
    Their league is one year behind on prospects. AL would be available until next year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Looking at your roster, you need to improve your forwards more so than you do with your defense. This means that I'm taking Pasta, and if he's not gone first overall, then Aho.

If you drafted Makar or Hughes, you would get two ELC years from them, right? Would that be enticing enough for one of the other teams in your league, for them to trade you for that pick? Essentially, would another owner with loaded forwards trade you a forward who is better than Aho for that second overall pick (Makar/Hughes)?

- - - Updated - - -

Their league is one year behind on prospects. AL would be available until next year.

To be honest, im pretty sure the GM ahead of me is stacked at forward and needs D, unless he makes some moves I don't see him taking pasta.

Trading my 2nd for someone better than Aho would be tough given his ELC still exists this year. I can look at that though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Pasta first and Aho 2nd. Can also look at option of trading pick, maybe the #3 or 4 guy wants to move up. especially if #1 goes for a D. Play those scenerios.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take Pastrnak, then Makar of the options. While you need forwards more, you do have space on the blueline - you have Zaitsev & Lindell who are not good in your league, and are overpriced.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Have to take pasta, but then i would take the best name available which might be makar even though Aho should have more name value due to consistency, in your position id either try to move down or take makar, having too many d is a luxury and can be exploited in a different trade

Dobber Sports Icon

I would go with Pastrnak first, followed by Aho and then Makar

Dobber Sports Deity

Has the draft happened yet and if so, who did you go with?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Has the draft happened yet and if so, who did you go with?

Hey no, hasn't happen just yet, mid-October I beleive.

It's interesting, there are benefits to each pick:

Pasta - obviously the best of the bunch but hits me with 8m right away (Last 3Y Pool Pts: 80, 86, 116) - Average 72 GP | 3.91 APPG
    Aho - Less points than, Pasta, but could he get there? Costs me < 1m this year (Last 3Y Pool Pts: 69,108,76) - Average 76 GP | 3.32 APPG

Over the next 3 years, Aho would cost me on average ~ 2m less a year (I don't know if spending 2m more for .60 PPG is worth it)

Makar - IF the 1st overall doesn't take him, ELC for the next 3 years (not srue if he continues to repat production)
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

The Great One

Makar's production will improve, not drop. Hughes will also be available and he's just as good if not a better option than Makar on the back end. You really need to hit up the teams in your league who are weaker up front with some trade offers. Emphasize Pastrnak and Aho being out there...drop a few draft spots to leverage something good and then take a Hughes or Makar at 3 or 4 maybe.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch