Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Interesting offer for MAKAR...Do I pull the trigger?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Interesting offer for MAKAR...Do I pull the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm the odd duck. In an essentially points only auction league, I'd not moving Makar for a bunch of pieces that I don't think will ever be as good as him.

None of these pieces helps you much now. And I bet you'll end up dropping some of them for nothing down the road.

I think there's a reason he's throwing all his spare parts at you...
    This. Trading an ELITE player for a bunch of good players rarely works out, especially in a cap league where you're taking on more salary for less production.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Never trade a special player like Makar as it will come back to haunt you.... but I am a Makar owner in a points only league as well, so I am biased. You want players who are going to be the best at there position in a keeper and I don't think you could do better than Makar.
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Stud

I pretty much agree with the hesitation to accept a bunch of pieces, in trade for a true star - but with the revised deal, I would absolutely do this trade. Adding Seider in there did it for me. And, with Byram coming up into Colorado’s D, the prime spot on PP1 may not be guaranteed for Makar beyond next year.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think this is the first time I’ve really been against the consensus, but I’m still not moving Makar yet. Here’s why:

Hronek is the PP1 guy in Detroit right now and could develop into a 50-55 pt guy if he keeps that spot long term, sure. Seider will be a big minutes D, but not guaranteed to be great fantasy-wise. But what if the Wings take Drysdale at 4? Is Yzerman gonna pass on the best D in the draft? If he takes Drysdale, Hronek and Seider become, as mentioned above, spare parts.

Necas has talent through the roof, so that piece is good with me. And the 10th pick? Who knows what you’d get with it.

You know exactly what you’ve got in Makar; a very rare player. The best guys in their positions usually aren’t traded away for a group of lesser players. Quality over quantity for me.

But if you really wanna move Makar...
    This guy is drooling at the thought of landing Makar; that’s why he’s added to his offer. I don’t think countering will risk you losing a deal; you’ve got the big name to offer and he’s not gonna walk away from that.

I’d push to get Theodore. And let him keep Seider.

Necas, Theodore, and the 10th overall. That to me would do it for Makar. Otherwise, it’s still a no from me.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think you try to get Hronek, Necas and Theodore plus that 1st round pick. He can keep the 2nd rounder. Otherwise I say no. How often do you land the Makar piece? And you already have it!!

Another thought... Makar gave that production to you as a rookie and while missing some time... imagine what he might be capable of when he and the rest of the Avs (who BTW have over 20M in cap space right now) get into a grove in their 24-28 year old prime.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm the odd duck. In an essentially points only auction league, I'd not moving Makar for a bunch of pieces that I don't think will ever be as good as him.

None of these pieces helps you much now. And I bet you'll end up dropping some of them for nothing down the road.

I think there's a reason he's throwing all his spare parts at you...
    That has crossed my mind, and I have found it difficult to get value in other trade talks I have had. Looking at all the pieces, the thought is I have more pieces to then add to potential deals and make more moves, but if I can't I am faced with giving up the best young D in the league, who is at a great value for the pool. Yes Necas is a nice piece, and I can use the help at C, but Hronek is still on a terrible team, and that doesn't look to change anytime soon, adding Seider puts me up against the limit to my minor league roster of 10, and I need to package some picks in 2020 junior draft, or my farm system, or will have to cut some farm guys, which would mean I would have to take less in return.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
    That has crossed my mind, and I have found it difficult to get value in other trade talks I have had. Looking at all the pieces, the thought is I have more pieces to then add to potential deals and make more moves, but if I can't I am faced with giving up the best young D in the league, who is at a great value for the pool. Yes Necas is a nice piece, and I can use the help at C, but Hronek is still on a terrible team, and that doesn't look to change anytime soon, adding Seider puts me up against the limit to my minor league roster of 10, and I need to package some picks in 2020 junior draft, or my farm system, or will have to cut some farm guys, which would mean I would have to take less in return.
    Yes, pretty much this. Points only with PIM and +/-, I have no idea how Hronek or Seider will fair in that. Necas is a great prospect but he's not getting any points yet. And you will be potentially cutting farm players? It just doesn't appeal to me.