Thread: Seider upside/Trade proposal.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Seider upside/Trade proposal.

I was offered Zadina, Seider, as well as a 4th and 5th round pick for my 6th overall. I was going to use 6th overall on Rossi/Stutzle/Raymond but with the picks I’d be getting in this deal, I could likely grab Holtz and possibly Perfetti. I’m a bit more into prospects than most GM’s in my league due to me being in rebuild mode so decent prospects usually fall into later rounds. Also I do like Zadina. I just can’t seem to get behind Seider. Maybe because I already have Hronek, whom I see as the more natural offensive D. Thoughts on Seider/this trade offer?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Seider upside/Trade proposal.

I do it because you're getting a lot back for one single pick. You can always flip Seider because like you I think that is Hronek's blue line.

Dobber Sports Deity

Stevie Y didn't invest a 6th overall pick in Seider because he liked his name. The kid is going to be a catch all for the Wings for years.

I'd take that trade. Great return for a guy who clearly is impatient with prospect development and simply oozes for the thrill of a draft pick. Give him his thrill while you pick off a couple high end prospects.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Stevie Y didn't invest a 6th overall pick in Seider because he liked his name. The kid is going to be a catch all for the Wings for years.

I'd take that trade. Great return for a guy who clearly is impatient with prospect development and simply oozes for the thrill of a draft pick. Give him his thrill while you pick off a couple high end prospects.
    Axe, what are your expectations for Zadina in the next few years?
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'd take the trade aswell!! Zadina and Seider are really solid prospects!! How do you think Stutzle will be there at 6?? How do you see the top 6 going in your draft??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I'd take the trade aswell!! Zadina and Seider are really solid prospects!! How do you think Stutzle will be there at 6?? How do you see the top 6 going in your draft??
    Our draft is prospects as well as NHL players. Laf and Byfield are going one and two, but it sounds like the rest of the top prospects could slide down, hence why I’m confident I could grab one or both of Perfetti and Holtz with the picks I’d be getting.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Icon

Take the deal. Zadina is probably just as good as any of the prospects you could get at 6 plus you get Seider who's likely a top pairing dman in the not too distant future and two extra picks. That's a no brainer. Don't be tricked by shiny new toy syndrome. Perfetti/Holtz/Stutzle will be lucky to be where Zadina is in 2 years time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Axe, what are your expectations for Zadina in the next few years?
    Top six winger with excellent scoring ability. He alone is worth the 6th overall pick to me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah I'd do the deal, especially since you're gathering prospects.

The Great One

"I was offered Zadina, Seider, as well as a 4th and 5th round pick for my 6th overall." You expect to draft Holtz or Perfetti with a 4th or 5th round pick?

Edit: and your signature is weird. You have virtually no established NHL'ers on your team in a 12 team league?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Take the deal. Zadina is probably just as good as any of the prospects you could get at 6 plus you get Seider who's likely a top pairing dman in the not too distant future and two extra picks. That's a no brainer. Don't be tricked by shiny new toy syndrome. Perfetti/Holtz/Stutzle will be lucky to be where Zadina is in 2 years time.
    Agree with everyone - take the deal. Stevie Y didn't draft Seider that high not to give him D1 opportunities and Zadina may be a steal. You do have thin roster in Keep 9. no established guys to keep?
    You need some of these prospects to step up right away.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Agree with everyone - take the deal. Stevie Y didn't draft Seider that high not to give him D1 opportunities and Zadina may be a steal. You do have thin roster in Keep 9. no established guys to keep?
    You need some of these prospects to step up right away.
    The established guys I had were not great and I was able to move them for guys like Kaprizov, Robertson, Denisenko, Smith, and Batherson. I know I’m a few years away, but I like the young guys I have now. Willing to wait for them.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    "I was offered Zadina, Seider, as well as a 4th and 5th round pick for my 6th overall." You expect to draft Holtz or Perfetti with a 4th or 5th round pick?

Edit: and your signature is weird. You have virtually no established NHL'ers on your team in a 12 team league?
    This is what I have after some offseason deals. I’m well aware I have a bit of a wait ahead of me, but I think it will be well worth it.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am of two minds about the Detroit blue line:

1. They like Seider a lot, and think he will be very good.
    2. Hronek is already very good, and has the power play ability to run the power play, without question.

For you, I take that deal, because you lock up the Wings future PP1 defender, and get Zadina who I like a lot as well. Those extra picks will help you, but you might want to get some younger NHL talent on your roster as well as propsects.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Agree with what everyone has said about Zadina and Seider. In a Dynasty type setup this trade is a no-brainer.

Having said that, in looking at your roster I'd say your strategy is very flawed. You're in a 12 team keep 9 and your NHL roster is mostly guys who are 2-3 years away from meaningful NHL minutes and likely will take longer than that to put up big numbers, if they ever do. In your format guys who are 2+ years away should probably not even be drafted unless they have massive upside, let alone taken in the first couple rounds.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik