Thread: Matt Murray for Kaapo Kahkonen ++

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Matt Murray for Kaapo Kahkonen ++

Not the league in my signature but a 16 dynasty with an identical scoring and roster set up.

I own Murray and am concerned about his rollercoaster performances over the past couple years. Worth it to gamble on Kaapo Kahkonen and a couple of picks/prospects or stick with Murray?

Thank you
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Matt Murray for Kaapo Kahkonen ++

You have to stick with Murray, no? Not only is her in the NHL, but he has two SC rings. If he loses his position to Jarry, then he'll either be traded or claimed by Seattle. Either scenario is better than the Wild situation that Kahkonen MIGHT make it into.

Now, if you told me that you had a very strong goalie and that you were getting a high end prospect in return, my answer might change. But without more solid details, I'm sticking with Murray.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    You have to stick with Murray, no? Not only is her in the NHL, but he has two SC rings. If he loses his position to Jarry, then he'll either be traded or claimed by Seattle. Either scenario is better than the Wild situation that Kahkonen MIGHT make it into.

Now, if you told me that you had a very strong goalie and that you were getting a high end prospect in return, my answer might change. But without more solid details, I'm sticking with Murray.
    This

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I still Murray as being the better goalie. Kahkonen is only potential at this stage and as as been pointed out already, Murray is either the starter of PIT or the starter of Seattle. The other owner has to provide very good prospects on the cusp of making the NHL to consider the trade imo. It's hard to tell what would work here since I think your sig is outdated
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post

Fair points. My goalies are strong, I have Gibson and Helly as my other 2 options. If I were to do this deal I'd be asking for the 12th and 13th picks in this year's prospect draft (2020 class basically). Thoughts?
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Icon

Kahkonen won't be in the NHL for at least one more year so if you are willing and able to wait that long than it might be worth it to move your 3rd best goalie for picks 12+13. I think Kahkonen would be the 3rd best asset you would be receiving in that deal.

The Great One

In a 16-team, start 2G, I would think you could do better for Murray. You'd basically be trading for three question marks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You might be able to get a better return, but I'd be willing to gamble.

Murray is very variable, even for a goalie. Can you flip one of the 12th or 13th picks for a somewhat establisghed player, so you have one certainty?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.