Thread: Grab Khovanov off waivers?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Grab Khovanov off waivers?

Was reading Dobber's guide and it had him a few years out from making the Wild's roster. I was thinking about grabbing him in our waiver draft (whenever that will be.) He'd have to sit on my main roster but I'm ok with that if it means I end up with a potential stud. Would it be worth grabbing him? Do I really have anything to lose by taking a chance?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Grab Khovanov off waivers?

I think you answered your own question. It all depends on your league rules and who else is available.

But for what it's worth yes he is a good prospect and I like him better then all the prospects listed in your minors.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's already stated he's playing next season in the KHL so there's that. If you want to waste a roster spot for him, that's something you'd have to determine. We have no clue how else is even out there as possible options for you to hold.

He's a nice looking prospect but that's all I see right now. Probably still a couple years out. Not sure I see "stud" but no one has a crystal ball.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I’d be excited about him if he gets to line up next to Kaprizov once they’re both on the Wild officially.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given that you have guys you can cut from the main roster that aren't that helpful, I'd be willing to do that. My choice would be the lesser one of the Athanasiou brothers.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Given that you have guys you can cut from the main roster that aren't that helpful, I'd be willing to do that. My choice would be the lesser one of the Athanasiou brothers.
    HAHA! Color me embarrassed LOL!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Icon

Looking at your main roster, I prefer Khovanov over ABB and Dugan so it would make sense to take him if it meant he replaced one of those guys.