Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Overall - who's the pick for dynasty points only league ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 3rd Overall - who's the pick for dynasty points only league ?

Lafrenière and Byfield whould be gone, who do you pick at 3 ???

Not the quickest to make it to the NHL but the best chance to be an impact player.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 3rd Overall - who's the pick for dynasty points only league ?

Until something changes my mind, it's Stutzle if we are simply talking about this years draft class.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Third on my list is Rossi, but none of us know for sure right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Legend

I'd like to see who gets drafted where--the talent is too close. Stutzle on the Sens would be nice. I'd also like to see where Rossi and Drysdale end up. In the right situation Drysdale could be a 50-60 point D when he develops IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think you need to go with Stutzle. Some scouts even prefer him to Byfield (I'm not saying I agree, but these guys sure see a lot of tapes).
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Stutzle for me.
    He's coming into a good situation with an Ottawa team that could have their full PP1 young & dynamic in 2+ years.
    Stutzle, Brady Tkachuk, the #6 pick, Chabot (LD) and Brannstrom (RD).

I do have preferences after that, but since I have a #6 pick in a league... I can't give away my 4th/5th faves!!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Another vote for Stutzle.

Dobber Sports Novice

Raymond or Rossi.
    16 team Dynasty, Weekly, Fantrax

G(5), A(2.5), SOG(0.5), PPP(1.5), SHP(2), HIT(0.6), BLK(0.6), FOW(0.1)
    W(4), L(-2), GA(-3), SV(0.5), SHO(5), A(3)
    3 Center, 3 RW, 3 LW, 1 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench

Skaters
    C: Zibanejad, Hischier, R. Strome, J Staal, Duchene, Pageau,
    Laughton
    LW: Connor, Forsberg, Fiala, J Robertson, Blais
    RW: Bjorkstrand, Tuch, Dube
    D: Hamilton, Theodore, Pulock, Ferraro, Hamonic, Hagg
    G: Bishop, Price, Francouz, Petersen

Minors
    C: Lavoie, Iskhakov, Protas, M.E. Pettersen
    LW: N.Robertson, Tracey, Greig
    RW: Holtz, Dube, Lind, Reichel
    D: Valimaki, Clague, Gildon, Farrance
    G: Petersen, DiPietro, Swayman, Vadar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It’s close, but Rossi would be my selection here.
    Last edited by Sawch; July 10, 2020 at 1:32 AM. Reason: Grammar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would pick Tim Stutzle if it were my pick.. He is going to be the go to guy on that Sens powerplay!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

First off, I was about to post the same exact question, so thanks for beating me to it

Second, What do you guys think about the following scenario :

Ottawa picks at 3 and 5. They want a forward and a D and they fear that Detroit won't let Drysdale slipt through their fingers. Since the forwards are all so darn close, Ottawa picks Drysdale at 3, lets Detroit pick a forward and then pick whichever top forward is left on their list at 5.

Possible? Probable? Would Stutzle still be your #3 pick (for the majority who have answered here) if he were to be picked by Detroit instead of Ottawa (or even later)?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    First off, I was about to post the same exact question, so thanks for beating me to it

Second, What do you guys think about the following scenario :

Ottawa picks at 3 and 5. They want a forward and a D and they fear that Detroit won't let Drysdale slipt through their fingers. Since the forwards are all so darn close, Ottawa picks Drysdale at 3, lets Detroit pick a forward and then pick whichever top forward is left on their list at 5.

Possible? Probable? Would Stutzle still be your #3 pick (for the majority who have answered here) if he were to be picked by Detroit instead of Ottawa (or even later)?
    Ottawa will go BPA with these picks. And if they were going to prioritize a position, it would be forwards, not D. Especially C. Drysdale at 3 for Ottawa is madness.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll be surprised if the Sens take a D at 3 but who knows how these scouts value various players. I can't see them passing on Byfield if LA goes a different route at 2. I'd say that makes Byfield as much of an automatic pick at 3 as Puljujarvi was at 4 for Edmonton a few years ago.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'll be surprised if the Sens take a D at 3 but who knows how these scouts value various players. I can't see them passing on Byfield if LA goes a different route at 2. I'd say that makes Byfield as much of an automatic pick at 3 as Puljujarvi was at 4 for Edmonton a few years ago.
    Agreed that if LA passes on Byfield, then the Sens take him no matter what their plan was.

For the rest... it's not as much a #3 overall plan I'm talking about, but a 3-5 overall combo. Will the Sens go for 2 forwards? I think they might want to go for a top forward and the top D of the draft. It is generally agreed that, amongst this years forwards, 3-6 are pretty much interchangeable. That's why I'm thinking that, in order to insure that Detroit doesn't pick the top D at 4, Ott grabs him at 3 and then a forward at 5. The forward grabbed at 5 will likely have pretty much the same "value"/upside as the one they would have taken at 3, but this way they're sure to have also gotten the top D.

My suggestion is not about player value per se, but more about getting the top D and one of the top forwards (who pretty much all have similar value).

That being said, it was just a tought that I wanted to throw out there. Maybe Ott will actually go for 2 forwards at 3 and 5... I was just wondering what would be better for their team : Stutzle and another forward or Drysdale and a top forward (maybe Stutzle even). I don't know about you, but I'm kind of shuddering at the tought of Chabot and Drysdale patrolling Ottawa's blue line.

BTW : with their 3rd first round pick, I'm predicting that Ottawa can gamble a little and they go for Hendrix Lapierre.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    Agreed that if LA passes on Byfield, then the Sens take him no matter what their plan was.

For the rest... it's not as much a #3 overall plan I'm talking about, but a 3-5 overall combo. Will the Sens go for 2 forwards? I think they might want to go for a top forward and the top D of the draft. It is generally agreed that, amongst this years forwards, 3-6 are pretty much interchangeable. That's why I'm thinking that, in order to insure that Detroit doesn't pick the top D at 4, Ott grabs him at 3 and then a forward at 5. The forward grabbed at 5 will likely have pretty much the same "value"/upside as the one they would have taken at 3, but this way they're sure to have also gotten the top D.

My suggestion is not about player value per se, but more about getting the top D and one of the top forwards (who pretty much all have similar value).

That being said, it was just a tought that I wanted to throw out there. Maybe Ott will actually go for 2 forwards at 3 and 5... I was just wondering what would be better for their team : Stutzle and another forward or Drysdale and a top forward (maybe Stutzle even). I don't know about you, but I'm kind of shuddering at the tought of Chabot and Drysdale patrolling Ottawa's blue line.

BTW : with their 3rd first round pick, I'm predicting that Ottawa can gamble a little and they go for Hendrix Lapierre.
    I don't think Ottawa has any interest in drafting a D over a BPA. And I don't think they need a D/F more than they need 2 Fs. They have two potential game breakers at D already. What they really need are dynamic forwards. I expect they will take 2 of them. I think they pass on D at 5, let alone 3.