Thread: Last keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Last keeper

11 team roto AUCTION league (cap $300), 25 player rosters (F, D, and G only), keep 12.

Cats are G, A, Pts, PPG, PPA, +/-, SOG, Hits, and PIMs

Im in a win now window and looking to finalize my last keeper. Which one player would you keep out of:
    Seguin ($35), Dadonov ($14), Kassian ($1), Marchessault ($20), Coleman ($2), or Rust ($10)

I'd be a little tight against the cap with Seguin but certainly still doable. If Seguin is the player from last season, he was a top 15 player and still a very good contract, but this year he was around 65th overall. The extra savings in auction salary would likely go towards high end D (which typically cost $10-20)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Last keeper

Who are the rest of your keepers? Assuming you have a solid set of keepers outside of these guys as you mention that you are in win-now mode.

I am thinking the down year from Seguin could allow you to re-draft him for cheaper. So I would keep Kassian at $1 and try to get Seguin back at a cheaper value then $35 or another solid forward to replace him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the reply. Kassian was a very pleasant surprise for me this year.

My other keepers are likely Eichel, Marchand, Bergeron, Pasternak, Point, Kuznetsov, Stone, Tarasenko, Pionk, Halak, and Rask.

Seguin would actually likely go for more $ in auction than his current deal. If I don't keep him, I can likely trade him for prospect draft picks

Dobber Sports Deity

How long are these contract prices good for?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

They would all be that price for either 1 or 2 more years and then increase by $5 or $10 depending on the extension length

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Any thoughts given the additional info?

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I'd still keep the best player and that's Seguin.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kassian or Coleman for me of those choices. If Seguin is trade bait, trade him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Honestly I want to keep Kassian for $1 but I will take a chance on Rust repeating the production of last season for $10.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting to see such a wide range of opinions. It really was down to Seguin, Kassian and Rust for me too. Glad to see it's not just me overthinking things! Rust is such a wild card. Could be a steal if he is a 65+ pt player at that price. Hopefully the playoffs will give me a better idea about all 3.

Dobber Sports Superstar

for sure but $10 is but 3.333% of your cap so it is not a hindrance. Safest play is Kassian at $1, Seguin I like to bounce back but if he doesn't its over 10% of your cap wasted.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    for sure but $10 is but 3.333% of your cap so it is not a hindrance. Safest play is Kassian at $1, Seguin I like to bounce back but if he doesn't its over 10% of your cap wasted.
    Would wait till after playoffs if you can, see where things pan out. Issue with Rust is all Pitt injured guys will be back, does he stay on a top 2 line? Trade Seguin if you can - could get good. Best value is Kassian, gives you more options. Easier to redraft Rust if you want. I wpould keep Dadanov before Rust.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO