Thread: Upside: Svechnikov Vs Pettersson

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Upside: Svechnikov Vs Pettersson

Which guy would you take in a points only keeper League?
    In your opinion, What could be there upsides in 3-4 years?

thanks

Administrator

Default Re: Upside: Svechnikov Vs Pettersson

in points-only Pettersson all day

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

I have both of them in my pool, but I was considering trading one of them and a plus to get Matthews...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    in points-only Pettersson all day
    Yup, Points only - Pettersson.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Another vote for Pettersson in a points only, but it will be close most seasons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by McGod88 View Post
    I have both of them in my pool, but I was considering trading one of them and a plus to get Matthews...
    If you are trading one to get Matthews, I think as a Matthews owner I would need Pettersson to be part of the package.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by McGod88 View Post
    Some people (*cough* - Leafs fans) feel that Matthews is godly and is the second coming of Gretzky so it will depend on who you are dealing with in regards to Matthews to gauge his value. If they are not a Leafs fans, and have half a brain in regards to player values in points only formats, you should be able to get Matthews for one of those guys and a small plus.

Safe to say that NONE of these players have reached their full potential as of yet. So far for their careers, Matthews has scored 285pts in 282 games so just a hair over a ppg pace in his four seasons. Pettersson has 132pts in 139 games, so just a hair under a ppg pace in two NHL seasons. Svechnikov has 98pts in 150gp in his two NHL seasons. As you can see, the difference in ppg value is very close between Pettersson and Matthews and Svechnikov took a big leap in his second pro season as far as his production goes.

If you are going to chase Matthews for one of these guys, my + to get Matthews would be minimal if I am offering up a Pettersson or Svechnikov as the main piece. If the Matthews owner is a Leafs fan and is asking for a significant + with one of them, I'd just keep what you have.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Some people (*cough* - Leafs fans) feel that Matthews is godly and is the second coming of Gretzky so it will depend on who you are dealing with in regards to Matthews to gauge his value. If they are not a Leafs fans, and have half a brain in regards to player values in points only formats, you should be able to get Matthews for one of those guys and a small plus.
    Must Leafs' fans I know would probably call Gretzky the second coming of Matthews (Gretzky just arrived a bit early).

Dobber Sports Legend

Petterson.
    The offense in Vancouver runs through him (and Hughes on the PP). EP is the top dog.
    In Carolina Svech has more competition for overall points with Aho and the monster D.

Average, prime seasons IMO:

Pettersson (78-94)
    Svechnikov (68-85)
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, my choice here is Pettersson. These players could end up being quite even in a points only format, but for now Pettersson is a step ahead.
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G