Thread: D. Strome vs O. Bjorkstrand

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default D. Strome vs O. Bjorkstrand

Who is the more impact fantasy player going forward IYO? Cats - G, A, +/-
    Obviously their linemates and special teams opportunities will dictate things in large part, so taking what we know currently.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: D. Strome vs O. Bjorkstrand

Bjorkstrand and I don't think it's close.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I just can't buy the hype on Bjorkstand yet, not as long as he's being coached by John Tortorella. I don't see him reaching his potential under Torts.

DStrome is an interesting case because he's a pending RFA so it will be interesting to see what happens with him. Does Chicago re-sign him? Rumor had it they were shopping him going into the trade deadline. If he gets dealt, does he get another plumb opportunity?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bjorkstrand pretty easily for me here.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Unlike the previous thread with Taylor Hall I take OB pretty comfortably here

Dobber Sports Ace

Bjorkstrand is this forum's Borgstrom for this summer. An insane amount of hype.

Neither jumps out as the obvious answer for me - not yet. Give me whoever costs less to acquire or trade the guy who gives me the best return. I suppose that both of those situations will have Strome end up on my team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Bjorkstrand is this forum's Borgstrom for this summer. An insane amount of hype.

Neither jumps out as the obvious answer for me - not yet. Give me whoever costs less to acquire or trade the guy who gives me the best return. I suppose that both of those situations will have Strome end up on my team.
    I don't remember hyping Borgstrom last summer (but then again I was on less due to my wedding). I do remember the massive forum hype train of Kyle Connor a few years ago, and that turned out fine.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't remember hyping Borgstrom last summer (but then again I was on less due to my wedding). I do remember the massive forum hype train of Kyle Connor a few years ago, and that turned out fine.
    You hit some, you miss some. Borgstrom definitely had a hype on him around here but I cant remember when it was. I do agree that there's a bit of a man-crush going on for Bjorkstrand lately for a few. I am not one of them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Now that you mention it, I think that it was two summer's ago. Looking back on things is fun - you're totally right, works out great sometimes. Just feels like unless someone is comparing to Taylor Hall (other thread), almost all OB vs blank threads seem to strongly favour OB.

If you own OB and you know that you have an owner or two who follow these forums closely, exploit that advantage!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Now that you mention it, I think that it was two summer's ago. Looking back on things is fun - you're totally right, works out great sometimes. Just feels like unless someone is comparing to Taylor Hall (other thread), almost all OB vs blank threads seem to strongly favour OB.

If you own OB and you know that you have an owner or two who follow these forums closely, exploit that advantage!
    Definitely a fair point, but I think it comes out because most players coming up asking about Bjorkstrand aren't sure about him, so they compare him to players based on what he has done, and not what his upside is, so the votes go in Bjorkstrand's favour. I don't think he's going to hit 90 points, but I think that above 70 points in one of his next two full seasons is definitely in the cards. And to me it's the floor and upside that pushes him ahead of a lot of guys that he's currently being compared with that either have lower floors or lower ceilings (if not both). However, I don't want it to get mixed up that I think he hits 80+ points each of the next three seasons.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
    Who is the more impact fantasy player going forward IYO? Cats - G, A, +/-
    Obviously their linemates and special teams opportunities will dictate things in large part, so taking what we know currently.
    We know Bjorkstrand will be earning $2.5M, with top 6 minutes, and PP1 time.

We don't know what Strome will sign for, or if he's still a Blackhawk?

Bjorkstrand has more value in salary cap leagues. Otherwise I can't see where I would even consider him over Hall.

We know Strome enjoyed initial success playing with Kane and DeBrincat when he arrived in Chicago. This season he was earning top 9 minutes, after coming back from injuries. He surely will be earning more than $2.5M. I would wait and see where he ends up playing, and what his bridge deal looks like.