Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The next Brady Tkachuk

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default The next Brady Tkachuk

Long time reader who's finally decided to setup an account and post on the forum.

I'm in a keep all dynasty roto league (team in sig) and I'm looking to find the next power forward in the mold of a Brady Tkachuk/Tom Wilson/Josh Anderson or a young version of Wayne Simmonds. I have lots of good young future point getters but need banger stats and don't want to waste spots on limited role players (e.g. Reaves).
    It can be a prospect in the 2020 draft or a recently drafted player still in Junior/NCAA/AHL/Europe.
    Thanks and keep up the great information.
    14 GM Roto Dynasty
    G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, FO%
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Main: 25 (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 6 Bench)
    C: Barkov, Malkin, Pageau
    W: Ovechkin, B.Tkachuk, Hall, Laine, Palmieri, Fabbri, Duclair, C. Brown
    C/W: Seguin, Schmaltz, Carter
    D: Burns, Heiskanen, Josi, Fowler, Pettersson, Schmidt, Grzelcyk, Gudas
    G: Price, Grubauer, Talbot

Minor: 25
    F: Hughes, Kakko, Zegras, Steel, Podkolzin, Hintz, Hayton, Puljujarvi, Chytil, Lind, Duggan, Thompson, Volkov, Pinto, Morozov, Beecher, Geekie
    D: Byram, Cholowski, Beaudin, Merkley, Roy
    G: Demko, Gustavsson, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The next Brady Tkachuk

Welcome!

I think the simple answer is there isn't necessarily one that anyone is confident in. It could be a Brett Leason or Vasily Podkolzin. Max Comtois, Michael Rasmussen, and Yakov Trenin all warrant mention. Even a late breakout from Age Thompson is plausible.

Max Jones and Nick Ritchie are two that I could see people bringing up as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

Predicting multi cat studs is hard to do because most minor leagues don't track (or at least don't share) things like hits and SOG.

Like EB mentioned, I do like Max Comtois as a multicat guy but not sure he will reach Tkachuk type numbers. I'm not sure we've even seen the best of Tkachuk yet and that's scary.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not really sure on this as I write it, but Nick Ritchie might have an outside chance at 50pts if he stays on line 2 with Kreci. He could also push for 150 SOG and 225+ Hits.

The Great One

This is tough. Even Tom Wilson was a 20 point scorer in this first 4 seasons in the NHL. And Josh Anderson was a 4th round pick; yeah - the multi-cat potential was there - but you could say that for a crap load of non-first round picks. My hunch is that if you put too much focus on "bang stats" for 18 year / 19 year old forwards, you'll end up missing most of the time.

I know I didn't see this coming out of Brady; even people who were higher on him likely weren't predicting what we've seen. That's just a home run pick, IMO.

Dobber Sports Genius

Luke Tuch should go in the 2nd round this year. According to McGuire, he's moving up some GM's rankings. Contributes both in goals, assists and PIMS. 6'2 200+. Possible 2nd/3rd line player with upside.

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05...outing-report/
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Also far from certain (for the reasons mentioned above), but you could look into Jan Jenik (ARI) who could turn out to be a very fine mix of pts and grit.

Or Martin Pospisil (CGY) who's probably even further away until he'll make an impact but whose upside is set at 65pts and 140pims in the Dobber prospect report (sorry Dobber for giving this away just like that, I hope that's ok for once) could turn out to be a candidate.....

A similar guy that comes to my mind is Isaac Ratcliffe (PHI), he could be worth looking into as well.

These three are just possible gambles on teams that also like to play gritty though - they might as well never reach their potential....
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    Lots of good options.
    Tkachuk is a special breed. I didn’t expect him to put up so many points so soon.
    Was basically going to stash him in minors for a couple of years as I thought he’d only be good for early years Wilson stats (low points, high hits/pims) and he’d only be rosterable in year 3 or 4 when his pts output picked up.
    Always looking for skill early and home runs late in the draft.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Nolan Foote could be in that category too. Lessmpkms etc but I can see hits/pim being moderate with 20-30 goal potential. A bit older but I also like Crouse in this type of league

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I think Nolan Foote could be in that category too. Lessmpkms etc but I can see hits/pim being moderate with 20-30 goal potential. A bit older but I also like Crouse in this type of league
    Crouse. That's the guy.
    He's still a season away from his 400 game breakout threshold, but people forget how young he is. Already has the physical side of things, but add the breakout to more minutes and some better surrounding talent (linemates) in Arizona, and the ingredients are all there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Guru

I like Brandon Lemieux if you're looking for a player already in the league. Gets hits and PIM, but doesn't play many minutes (although he was up about 4 minutes per game this year compared to last year). Right now, it's just two categories (which you mentioned you wanted to stay away from), but as al_revenge mentioned, it takes a while for some of these guys. Lemieux has only played 131 NHL games, so it may still take a few more years.

For a prospect, keep an eye on Raphael Lavoie. Was Edmonton's second-round pick last year.

The aforementioned Crouse is a good choice as well.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also like to try and find guys in the NHL, or at least on the AHL/NHL shuttle so that I have a better idea of exactly what I may get. I don't want to sit on a guy for years, hoping he'll be a multi-cat guy, when he may not have the skill to stick in the NHL in the first place.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Welcome to the forum. Zac Aston-Reese is a guy worth keeping an eye on as well.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Titan

Greenway is a guy to look at.

Barbashev too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Rookie

I don't think we'll see another Brady Tkachuk for awhile. His SOG and Hits are insane.

But i'll add a few more since this is always something I'm looking for as well.

Poulin, Gauthier, Kostin, Bellows, Grundstrom, Holloway (this years draft).
    16 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 2G, 7Reserve) 20 Player Farm Team

G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blks, TOI, FOW W, SV, GAA, SV%

C: Kopitar, Horvat, J.Staal, Henrique,
    W: Forsberg, Schenn,
    JT.Miller, Reinhart, Debrusk, Crouse, Eberle, Compher, Bjustad, Bratt, Nichuskin
    D: Josi, Provorov, Nurse, Klefbom, Slavin, Doughty, Chychrun, Cernak
    G: Markstrom, Quick

Farm:
    F: JAD, Hayton, Bemstrom, BO.Groulx, A.Thomas, Forementon, Poulin, E.Svechnikov
    D: Niku, Hague, Alexeyev, Woo, Bjornfot, D.Samberg, Zboril
    G: Merzlinkins, Swayman,
    Campbell