Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tampa Bay Forwards

The Great One

Default Re: Tampa Bay Forwards

Tampa has a pile of NTCs, which nobody seems to be factoring in. I don't see anyone with a no trade clause ending up in Ottawa or Buffalo or any other gong show city.

Dobber Sports Icon

Let's also realize that fantasy name value is a lot different than actual NHL value. All, nope most, nope some, definitely a few GMs know what they are doing and they are going to see TB's cap situation and realize the problem they are facing. The old saying is when a GM sees someone struggling to stay afloat, they throw an anchor and not a life preserver.

Tampa Bay is going to have to move two forwards with very little return. I also have a funny feeling, (ok I am wishing) that this summer is the summer that the RFA Offer Sheet returns to the NHL for good. There are going to be too many RFAs on teams with no cap room to pay them what they are worth. A smart GM with some cap room would sign Sergachev and Cernak to offer sheets with one having a salary of $about $4.2M and the other with a salary of $6.3M. It would be very difficult for TB to match both of those and the worst case scenario is a team gets 2 top 4 dmen for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Still a year before the expansion draft though, and the Lightning are going to be stuck moving out a few bodies even before that due to the stagnant cap. It does seem like Johnson have the most name value vs how they have fallen out of being necessary pieces for the lightning.

When/where were they practicing with 5F PP units?

I also missed Joseph, good call that he's probably one of the first call to be a filler, though he's also an RFA, and if he gets $1M they may need their 700K options instead.
    Was discussed on one of the 31 thoughts pods I think.

Would also mention that on my pod Prishanth Iyer speculated that Detroit could flex some financial muscle this summer and snag one of those mid-tier forwards off Detroit. Considering the Stevie Y connection there might be something there, plus he may be able to convince a player with a NTC to waive if he sells it right.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Was discussed on one of the 31 thoughts pods I think.

Would also mention that on my pod Prishanth Iyer speculated that Detroit could flex some financial muscle this summer and snag one of those mid-tier forwards off Detroit. Considering the Stevie Y connection there might be something there, plus he may be able to convince a player with a NTC to waive if he sells it right.
    Montreal is always looking for another center and they have cap space.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Some good points with the RFAs, and the NMCs. Makes you wonder if we see things sorted out earlier rather than later because the longer this goes the worse shape TB would be in.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Gourde, Palat, Killorn, Johnson - all have NTCs - Killorn has the cheapest contract and is coming off a career high - could be the easiest to move. The other three get exposed in the expansion draft.

thoughts on ABB making the team?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Let's also realize that fantasy name value is a lot different than actual NHL value. All, nope most, nope some, definitely a few GMs know what they are doing and they are going to see TB's cap situation and realize the problem they are facing. The old saying is when a GM sees someone struggling to stay afloat, they throw an anchor and not a life preserver.
    I expect the Flyers to find a way to help them out of their cap problems while also not winning the deal. It's a Chuck Fletcher special.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

Also worth noting that every RFA in Tampa Bay gets the troll treatment. They live under the bridge.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Montreal is always looking for another center and they have cap space.
    I am really hoping they put an offer in for Sergachev. That would be funny.

I look at the Tampa Bay roster, and man, they really put themselves into a tight spot. Ryan McDonagh is in the first year of a deal that pays him almost $7 million a year for the next seven years. And a no-trade clause to boot.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

I look at the Tampa Bay roster, and man, they really put themselves into a tight spot. Ryan McDonagh is in the first year of a deal that pays him almost $7 million a year for the next seven years. And a no-trade clause to boot.
    That really will be the toughest pill for them to swallow.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

Tampa usually finds a way to get out of those "tight spots" somehow. They're sneaky that way. I do agree that the McDonagh contract is not a very good one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I'd love to see Serg get offer sheeted at like 7mill.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll