Thread: Demko?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Demko?

Hey guys,

What do you think about this guy? Will he become Vancouver’s starter soon?

He seems to have potential but had a so so season....

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Demko?

I think we have to wait for the signing or not signing of Markstrom to say anything here. I predict Marky deservedly gets signed to a nice contract and Demko's trajectory may end up looking a lot like Darcy Kuemper's career (4-6 years of back-up duty before showing at 29 years old that he can man nets full time and well). I double checked their ages and stats before submitting this, and I am convinced that a Kuemper is an excellent comparable - though that assumes Demko can perform as good as Darcy when the opportunity does present itself! Demko is working with some bad timing and a missed opportunity when Markstrom was hurt this season.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Expert

Another thing to keep in mind is that if Markstrom is re-signed Demko will very likely be exposed to Seattle.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Until now every article, report or interview published (that I know of) on the Athletic suggest that the Canucks are looking to sign Markstrom to a multi year contract and it feels like the only thing that would prevent them from doing so would be cap-related issues or a breakout performance from Demko in the playoffs (and a very poor one from Markstrom).
    Personally I've taken the bet that Markstrom is likely to be the #1 for a few years and dealt away Demko while he still had prospect eligibility. Obviously this is a kind of a shot in the dark until the offseason

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As others have said, Demko's future in Vancouver is significantly tied to Markstrom's free agency, and the expansion draft as well as his own performance.

I'd expect him in a timeshare at least in Seattle ( or somewhere) in the next 2 years.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    I think we have to wait for the signing or not signing of Markstrom to say anything here. I predict Marky deservedly gets signed to a nice contract and Demko's trajectory may end up looking a lot like Darcy Kuemper's career (4-6 years of back-up duty before showing at 29 years old that he can man nets full time and well). I double checked their ages and stats before submitting this, and I am convinced that a Kuemper is an excellent comparable - though that assumes Demko can perform as good as Darcy when the opportunity does present itself! Demko is working with some bad timing and a missed opportunity when Markstrom was hurt this season.
    Exactly!
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Sage

I have been paying close attention to the situation since I own both Demko and Markstrom in different leagues. I would be very surprised if Markstrom was not resigned and Demko was somewhere else in 2021. Demko has a lost a little luster but he still is a good goalie with upside to own.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov