Thread: Teravainen vs Barzal (1on1)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Teravainen vs Barzal (1on1)

My Teravainen vs his Barzal in a cap league.

1 vs 1.

What do you think?

I don't really have cap issues at the moment.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Teravainen vs Barzal (1on1)

It would help to know your scoring system, how long you keep players, and whether wingers or centers have a positional advantage.

After this year, Barzal is likely to surpass Teravainen's salary. Barzal will be suppressed as long as the current coaching regime is there, so I'll go Teravainen.

Dobber Sports Rookie

sorry. points only. no advantage on wingers. drop 1 of top 5 and 2 of top 12 offense.

Dobber Sports Titan

Shameless plug, but the latest cap rankings (https://dobberhockey.com/2020/05/25/...rs-april-2020/) have Teuvo firmly ahead of Barzal, and that would be my pick.

*Spoiler alert that Barzal is going to be slipping even a touch farther down in the next update as I revamp the salary prediction system (Barzal is currently pegged for about an $8M AAV)*
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

That's where I have him pegged at because of the cap being steady (at least projected). If there was a raise I think he'd get more like 9. They have to pay him more than lee (7mil).
    While I like barzal to score more (higher ceiling) you have to go TT here. 4 more years I believe at 5.4 and he's a steal at that hit.
    Plus he has a much more impressive supporting cast and a more offensive system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Shameless plug, but the latest cap rankings (https://dobberhockey.com/2020/05/25/...rs-april-2020/) have Teuvo firmly ahead of Barzal, and that would be my pick.

*Spoiler alert that Barzal is going to be slipping even a touch farther down in the next update as I revamp the salary prediction system (Barzal is currently pegged for about an $8M AAV)*

Dobber Sports Deity

In a cap league, I'll say Teravainen only because I expect Barzal to get overpaid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."